Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Risk assesment for a radio!
  • wallop

My mum once bent over and poked her eye out on a radio aerial.

takisawa2

Having just moved from a god awful 1970’s factory into a pristine modern new facility where radios are banned I have to say…it’s heaven.
    Was truly awful before, like a 1970’s car factory. Bloody rubbish booming out all day. Walking visitors round was embarrasing.

Imagine my horror when they got hold of a radio & held a trial in the manufacturing area right outside my office… 👿

Sorry, if your shifting widgets all day maybe, but the annoying deep base boom would drive me to distraction in our design office.

And most of the visitors I’ve shown round have commented on how much better it is compared to our old facility, noting the lack of radios as one of the main reasons.

iamtheresurrection

PAT testing isn’t a legal requirement in any workplace on any device; and if you’re working alone and no clients can hear the radio when they visit then you won’t need a PRS licence either…

CountZero

Just read Cranberry’s post: sir, I salute you! 😆

breadcrumb

My last job had no radios, wasn’t too bad.

It does piss me off when it gets turned up too loud, it can be a constant battle of the volume knob. Never mind the station battles…

It always gets turned off for visitors though.

Russell96

I once with the help of a friendly IT guy managed to wire in a radio into an ACD, dial a short code number and you could listen to the radio. Boss used to wonder why so many people wore their headsets for their entire shift.

konabunny
    Free Member

I, personally, hate tautolgy

I hate tautology in a professional capacity but it have no personal objections to it. Inaccuracy and misspelling really get my goose, thouhg.

gobuchul
    Free Member

any “risks” that I should include.

Nerd alert.

The risk is the chance of harm being done.

Pedantic knob alert.

Sorry but it isn’t. The risk is the product of the hazard and the likelihood of the event taking place.

Risk = Likelihood x Hazard

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Risk assesment for a radio!’ is closed to new replies.