Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Riser bars – what's good these days?
  • rascal
    Free Member

Potentially after some new bars – don’t NEED them, just want something pimpier than my cheap Cannondale ones ‘cos I’m a vain bastid 😉 They are 750mm wide and nice shape.
    Seen some Raceface Turbines at 725mm for £30 (half price) – Easton Havens can be got for similar price/discount – would like carbon TBH but don’t want to pay silly money.
    Anyone seen any deals/have any recommendations?

Vortexracing

Well, if you are looking at RF Turbines, what about these

shameless plug

davosaurusrex

Spank vibrocore are supposed to be really good.

nre
    Free Member

Parkers of Bolton have the RSP carbon bars at £31.95 at the mo, some good feedback on here from when they were £50+. Tempted myself…!

http://www.parkersofbolton.co.uk/products/raleigh-rsp-carbon-ego-dh-riser-bar-780mm-208g?

matt_outandabout

don’t NEED them, just want something pimpier than my cheap Cannondale ones ‘cos I’m a vain bastid

What colour, seeing as that will be the deciding factor…

Middle_oab just selected some metallic Mango coloured bars on a black bike with blue highlights… 8)

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Thanks for the link to those Raleigh bars – just what I was looking for!

Bigmantrials

Have been looking at the RSP bars for a while, that link is a winner, thanks nre!

nre
    Free Member

Glad to be of service 😉

Still undecided whether to go for it myself…

poah
    Free Member

really pleased with my 30mm rise Spank spike vibrocore 800mm. If you are after something lighter then the Spank oozy vibrocore are 760mm and about 245g.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Thanks nre – hope they have enough in stock!

rascal
    Free Member

Like the look of these RSP bars. Reviews seem good.
    Not too bothered about brand snobbery – good bars that look good at a great price – what’s not to like? 🙂

zero-cool
    Free Member

Renthal bars in whichever material and length you fancy.
    Also been a fan of Funn Full On bars

granny_ring

Got some of the On-one carbon jobbies in white yesterday for £24.
    Don’t know if they get good reviews or not.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Cheers nre – just ordered some of those RSP bars, look like a real bargain at that price & weight 🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

gotta be syntace carbons

nevermindthebutter
    Free Member

RSP price and specs and good, but I’m nervous about crabon bars full-stop. Unless you are anal about inspecting them, and/or replace them routinely, I prefer a material that yields to bend, even on a carbon bike (I also like to run my lever clamps slightly loose so they move in a crash, this leaves nice fine scoring around the clamp area).

rascal
    Free Member

Rather boringly I still haven’t actually bought any bars.
    Been to 2 stores locally that price match – Leisure Lakes and Evans – but neither had the bars I would have bought in the shop – they do sell them online though – RF Turbine or Easton Haven. I should have phoned to check they had them in I suppose but it just shows even the bigger shops don’t carry much in the stores with there being so many variables with width, rise etc. If you go to the smaller LBS they tend to carry ‘cheaper’ brands at not great prices…no wonder the LBS struggles when they say ‘we can order them in’…they don’t price match and why bother when you can order direct….going off-tangent slightly here – apologies!
    Has anyone bought those RSP carbon bars and have any first-hand reports/friends who have them?
    As pointed out by previous poster they could be ‘fragile’ – CRC have FSA Gravity Light for £20 down from £70-odd – anyone have some they care to comment on?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Don’t get renthal – EVERYONE has them simply because they’re the ‘in’ bars to have and they’ve spent the right amount of money on fitting out top riders. There are dozens of good bars, go by weight, shape and colour and you’ll not go wrong! I spent £90 on a pair of answer sl carbons and really do love them.

woodster

There was a initial impression of the RSP bars on here somewhere, could be worth seeing how they’re getting on now. For me they’re considered DH bars by a reputable company whose making a big push to increase their credibility and having raced, crashed and generally given my old On nNe Knuckleballs a hard time without the slightest issue, I’m more than happy to run the RSPs.

Regardless of what you choose I certainly wouldn’t go narrower than you already have as you suggested in your original post.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

RSP’s here, no problems so far, had them about a year.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

My RSPs arrived today. Not used them yet but they look well finished and have a pretty similar geometry to the carbon Syntace Vectors I have on my main bike – which were significantly more expensive, second hand. Very pleased. Obviously the RSPs may explode in flames on my first ride with them but they look good to me.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Riser bars – what's good these days?’ is closed to new replies.