Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • riser bars on a 29er with short stem??
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

Got a new Genesis High Lattitude and my perfect neutral riding position is about an inch away at the moment. If I rest the balls of my hands on the bars, perfect. Grab the bars and i’m leaning over a tad too much.

Most 29er hardtails i’ve seen have flatfish bars on short stems. The stem is neutral so can’t flip it for lift so looks like riser bars is only option.

Will it look daft?

thomthumb
    Free Member

Will it look daft?

who cares: it looks good now, but it don’t fit.

NormalMan

Go with what works for you.

I run 10mm rise Renthal bars on my 29er. My son has about a 20mm rise on his 29er as he likes a high bar/low(ish) saddle set up.

z1ppy

Had assumed the tall front end of my 29er would require a slammed/flatbar setup, I’ve raised the stem & got a 25mm riser bars. As above forget the looks, just run what works/is comfortable for you

1-shed
    Free Member

Stooge moto bars, for the win.

spectabilis
    Free Member

Hmmmm 29ers have moved on a bit since the flat bar inverted stem thing, get with the program man.

Why would it look odd OP, it’s the same as any other MTB, with slightly bigger wheels?

kazafaza
    Free Member

Shorter stem perhaps? Or bars with more backsweep?

Rorschach
    Free Member

My nukeproof scout 290 has flat bars, it would look odd with a 20mm riser bar IMHO.

belugabob
    Free Member

29er – check
    Short stem – check (well, shorter than the one that came with it)
    Riser bars – check
    Wide bars – check
    Bar ends – check
    Shifters outside brakes – check
    Grin inducing rides – check
    Does it look daft – didn’t check (because I don’t care)

P.S. Genesis didn’t make a 29er until after I’d bought mine, or I’d probably have a High Latitude, to go with my (now singlespeeded) Altitude.

nickwatson
    Free Member

35mm Hope stem, with 780 Rethal 30mm riser bars on my Sherpa – feels bob on!

CheesybeanZ

When your shredding the gnar on your enduro sled who cares what it looks like , sic .

trusty

Depends on the bike, my fs 29er has 150mm forks so it’s got flat bars to keep the front under control. My ht has risers, but a shorter fork so it keeps the bar height similar between the two.

singlespeedstu

I got thrown off the Inners uplift bus for having 15mm riser bars on my 29er.
    I’d have been fine if i’d left the B+ wheels on, but they they told me the trailer was strickly oldskool and couldn’t cope with any new fangled + shit. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘riser bars on a 29er with short stem??’ is closed to new replies.