• This topic has 66 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by wubss.
Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Ripple Crypto currency
  • flipiddy
    Free Member

Sign up for some of the exchanges, have a play. £100 will easily get you going.

Until Coinbase, the most user friendly entry point, adds XRP (Ripple) then there will be a mild technical hurdle in using some of the more trading oriented exchanges. Of course, as soon as it is added, it will probably double in value overnight.

I posted this on the previous page, might be helpful if you are looking to buy: https://www.investopedia.com/news/how-do-i-buy-ripple-xrp-cryptocurrency/

flipiddy
    Free Member

Still going…

x5 in 2 weeks!

julians
    Free Member

you can buy xrp on etoro, seems pretty easy to me.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

thanks guys, might investigate later…

julians
    Free Member

be aware on etoro,you’re not actually buying xrp coins, you’re buying a CFD

julians
    Free Member

actually I;m talking nonsense re CFD’s for XRp on etoro. Looks like when you buy xrp on etoro you are actually buying the real (if anything that doesnt actually exist can be called real) coins, its only if you try to short xrp that you are dealing with CFD’s.

robbie
    Free Member

just signed up to bitstamp to buy xrp, can I kindly ask who you guys are using to store them?
    Cheers

flipiddy
    Free Member

Until they lower the XRP wallet deposit, which is 20XRP, you might want to consider whether you want to move them from the exchange.

Now that the value has gone up, it won’t be long until they reduce that to 5 XRP, but bear in mind it’s effectively 20 XRP “locked in” until they do.

Is the current reserve for creating a wallet still 20 XRP? from Ripple

edward2000
    Free Member

Has anyone used Bithumb? Im thinking of taking out my initial investment, but ive no idea how to – yet.

plyphon
    Free Member

So why is ripple gaining traction now?

I was too young for bitcoin to understand what I was going into 6ish years ago or whatever, but i’m ready this time around.

julians
    Free Member

I dont think anyone can be certain what is driving the current increase,but i thinks its a combination of thr following:-

1. Rumours that coinbase is going to start allowing people to trade in xrp

2. One of the main people involved in ripple tweeted something earlier today that a lot if people are interpreting as a signal that apple,google,amazon are about to start using xrp/ripple tech – im not so sure on this one.

3. Xrp has been getting a lot of mainatream news coverage over the last few days/weeks

torsoinalake
    Free Member

So why is ripple gaining traction now?

The bots are ramping it up for the pump and dump.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Found this thats worth a read from an early investor.

Buy XRP & Sleep Well At Night

pk13

I’m not interested in ripple as a coin more the way the back room system will speed up payments for international transactions of any size. And it has been adopted by some big banks but they seem tight lipped on what they are doing.
    It’s even been used this week in credit card transactions in shops Walmart In the US and South Korea cash machines and I think that’s why it’s jumps.
    Reading the so called expert is better than watching those flat earth videos on YouTube it’s just wild speculation and nothing more until a bank or major international player sticks it’s head above the parapet.

It’s good fun if you see it as betting and not stock markets

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I put a chunk of moneys on XRP via EToro about 2.5 weeks ago and am now about x7 up on what I started on. Lucky that I bought it when it was worth only about $0.50!

pk13

Etoro is nuts I’ve got a bit on there the comments section is fantastic. To the moon and back. 😆
    I’m up 38% but until it’s back in my bank it’s just a donkey running the grand national

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

The comments section of EToro is just ridiculous, still useful for links to news about things though I suppose

plyphon
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=yM8eFTfSuIc[/video]

This dude is (apparently) well respected. Came to me via a very well respected and smart dude I know, so I trust it.

flipiddy
    Free Member

I watched the video. Absolutely nothing resonated and I’ve done my research. I mean, it’s a guy on some park swings wearing snapchat glasses (apparently not) giving out financial advice. Come on.

So he ran a bitcoin exchange… he’s probably holding a lot and he wants to see bitcoin increase in value, but it’s now seriously under threat from Ripple. Do you think he wants his investment to lose value? No, of course not. So he’ll do everything he can to discredit it and others too. Think about that.

As for being “backed” by Google, his Buttercoin (yes, that is really the name, because it’s smooooooth) had a seed round for $1m before going broke, which by Silicon Valley standards is the equivalent of running a lemonade stand (and failing).

As for what Ripple brings to the table, it’s a disruptor for SWIFT – it’s faster, cheaper and has got them scared. It’s why Ripple are courting huge financial institutions around the globe. Their technology development literally has 4 years jump on SWIFT’s who have been caught with their pants down. That in itself is huge.

Honestly, I don’t really care how Ripple does – I have serious investments for steady returns outside of Crypto, but what annoys me is this era of “fake news” where stuff just gets lapped up without due diligence.

Rant over.

jam-bo

ever seen a dead cat bounce…

FuzzyWuzzy

You could substitute any virtual currency for Ripple in that guy’s video, the only difference being Ripple, if it continues to gain traction with intermediate payment processing, actually has something more tangible to it than something like Bitcoin who’s value is based almost entirely on speculative investments.
    Bitcoin is a dead horse when it comes to actually using it for payments, the transaction cost and time is way too high.
    Ripple has a much lower transaction cost and faster processing – sure banks could develop their own blockchain technology to provide the same functionality as Ripple but whilst that might work for intra-bank payments I can’t see it working for inter-bank payment processing which is where the big volume is.

Banks are certainly heavily investing in blockchain (the company I work for does a lot of blockchain consulting with banks) but I don’t think it’s centered around intermediate payment processing (I’m not personally involved in that side of things though so could be wrong).

So basically don’t invest your pension in any virtual currency but if you’ve got some cash you can afford to lose (without crying too much) then there’s still money to be made and, IMO, Ripple is the most attractive of them at the moment. I’m sure there will be many crashes/corrections to follow but surely bitcoin has a lot further to fall than Ripple.

ugarizza
    Free Member

Massively volatile market as the last couple of days have demonstrated. Best advice is to think of any money invested in crypto as gone. It’s a gamble.
    Don’t put money in you can’t afford 🙂

I think the opposite of the above post, ripple is only going down.

Do either of us know for sure? No and neither does anyone else.

flipiddy
    Free Member

Dead cat bounce is still possible. But if you were savvy enough to buy Ripple XRP when it hit a floor of $0.85 a few days ago you would have pretty much doubled your money already.

Moneygram has just signed up to trial Ripple. They are pretty much everywhere.

2018 is going to be a wild ride.

pk13

I’m still in.
    next month it’s Lamborghini time lol. it’s interesting to see the algorithms dumping coins
    on a side note Facebook is looking good for a proper stock.

alpin
    Free Member

But if you were savvy enough to buy Ripple XRP when it hit a floor of $0.85 a few days ago you would have pretty much doubled your money already.

Only if you sold it…

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Bought at €0.13 turned into my best investment ever.

Sold 10% of my stake at €1.61 to recoup my initial investment.

See you in my Lambo in a couple of years folks!

wubss
    Free Member

Ripple is a lot more solid than most other cryptos. But the market cap is $60B. Is that a fair valuation? We don’t really have a decent way to answer that question (as with other crypto) – it’s not a stock or a bond, it’s a token for a payment network.

My gut feeling is that the ripple payment network is not worth $60B.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Ripple Crypto currency’ is closed to new replies.