Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ripping DVD's to go onto Blackberry playbook??
  • pacemaker
    Free Member

I picked up one of the 64gb Blackberry Playbooks (PC World/Currys £129)so i could download some of our DVD’s (all genuine disks not copies) for the kids to watch on long journeys.

What free/cheap dvd ripping software do people recommend (links would be appreciated)

Thanks oh wise ones… 😀

nicko74

Technically it’s not legal (I think), so you may have to do your own searching.
    However, theoretically DVD Decrypter (to rip) and Handbrake (to transcode) would be an excellent combination – the latter has masses of settings so you should be able to find the right setup for a Playbook.

ingwerfuchs
    Free Member

Try Freemake. It has a specific PlayBook setting. I’ve tried it with The Anchorman and the results for the small screen are fine. It converts to the correct format quicker than Handbrake. However, for a better quality copy, say if you want the file to play on the big screen AND the PlayBook the results from Handbrake are a bit better (some people have complained of jittery, jumpy playback from Freemake which is obviously more noticeable on a large flat panel). HTH.

pacemaker
    Free Member

Will try freemake, thanks for that.

mikey74
    Free Member

+1 for Freemake

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ripping DVD's to go onto Blackberry playbook??’ is closed to new replies.