Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ripping CDs, then burning them back to disc – I'm going to do my nut here!
  • tron
    Free Member

I need to rip a few CDs, then burn them back to disc. I want to stick fade ins / outs on a couple of tracks, and mix a couple of others together.

I’ve tried CDex, but that just seems to freeze, read the disc a lot, and can’t download any tracklist data. And it’s just resulted in me nearly lauching the CD drive out of the window…

Can anyone suggest a piece of software that a) can be used by someone other than the bloke who wrote it, and b) won’t infest my PC with “helpful” toolbars and spyware?

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve tried CDex, but that just seems to freeze, read the disc a lot, and can’t download any tracklist data.

Something wrong with your computer. IF CDex doesn’t work, I can’t imagine anything else will not have problems. Been using CDex since MP3s were invented without any problems. Can’t recommend anything else, cos never used anything else!

tron
    Free Member

I’ve tried CDex on a couple of machines and never had much look with it.

Any other recommendations?

geoffj

iTunes

nbt

I only ever use Windows Media player to rip CDs – MP3, full 320Kbps bit rate. It’s a lossy format but I’ve got the original if I need to re-rip – you may need a different format?

muggomagic

Try the tracks one by one (assuming you have RW disc) I had similar and it was something to do with one of the song titles having illegal characters.

DezB
    Free Member

I want to stick fade ins / outs on a couple of tracks, and mix a couple of others together.

Mixmeister for that bit.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000971.htm for ripping tips?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Its not 1995, learn the power of the mp3! 😆

deejayen
    Free Member

I use Exact Audio Copy (free, and without ads etc) to rip the CD tracks as WAV files. Once they’re on your computer it might be easier to manipulate them (not something I’ve ever tried).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ripping CDs, then burning them back to disc – I'm going to do my nut here!’ is closed to new replies.