Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ripper Street – possible spoiler
  • Harry_the_Spider

I like it. My kind of period drama, none of your sisters in big dresses swooning over rich country gentlemen.

So… the American pathologist with the fondness for ladies that you pay by the hour, who is wanted by The Pinkertons and suffers from binge induced memory loss… is he Jack The Ripper?

soma_rich
    Free Member

I thought he was going to be John Wilkes Booth,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wilkes_Booth

In some kind of body double swap.

I dont think he’s the ripper.

Harry_the_Spider

John Wilkes Booth would have been 50 years old in 1888.

How about he thinks he might be The Ripper but doesn’t know for sure?

Kryton57

I think its a good BNBC drama – but I don’t think the sub plot is very strong.

Is that it (the sub plot) then – who is JtW? 😯

cupra
    Free Member

Looks like it was made by someone who watched the guy ritchie sherlock holmes films and thought, ah, I can make a tv drama like that.

wors

I like it, great bit of TV.

maccruiskeen

I’ve only watched the first episode but I thought it was interesting that they mentioned the Daily Star, given the paper’s history with the Ripper case. Product placement is quite a tricksy issue in TV dramas and you’d usually use a made up product name, so I’m curious as to how the role of the Star is going to play out.

who is JtW?

Is it Jonathon Woss?

Pieface

As it appears to be a medium to re-tell other stories / facts from the period with a bit of a twist (i.e. Jack the Ripper, Oliver Twist) I reckon he’s Doctor Jekyll

miketually
    Free Member

I like it. Good Sunday evening TV.

But don’t try to analyse the historical accuracy of the language.

donks
    Free Member

I like it…better than most of the other bobbins on at the mo (one born every minute springs to mind). I must admit to being pretty blind when it comes to working out plots and hadn’t even considered the possibility of him being the ripper but its an interesting observation! They did have him down as possibly being an American.

passtherizla
    Free Member

cupra – Member
    Looks like it was made by someone who watched the guy ritchie sherlock holmes films and thought, ah, I can make a tv drama like that.

yeah but those films were proper rubbish and this series has been quite entertaining so far.

Nick

Fun, obviously made to sell to the Americans

cupra
    Free Member

yeah but those films were proper rubbish and this series has been quite entertaining so far.

Must just be me as I would say that the other way around 🙂 but it certainly kicks the pants or should that be bloomers off downton abbey etc

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ripper Street – possible spoiler’ is closed to new replies.