Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Ripped off with postage by STW member !
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I could just publish his bank account and sort code numbers on the web 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

On the few occasions I’ve sold things on here I’ve advertised it as ‘£X posted’, factoring in a guesstimate of the postage costs to the price I’m after. Then it’s down to me to get it to the buyer, and on the basis that I’ll refund them if they tell me it hasn’t arrived, I pick the post option that would cover me for that. Seems the simplest way?

Tracey

Thats what I do, alway use the post office even though they may cost a bit more. Think they are the best of a bad bunch.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    outofbreath
    Free Member

I’m not so sure. Signed delivery and insurance protect the seller, not the buyer.

So he’s gone without the benefit, taken the chance and pocketed the difference.

Unless you think the insurance and signed deliver protect the buyer… Not sure they do though.

He’s still out of order – should have just said it was £12 for his time to wrap em and visit the post office.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Could be worse.

I quite fancied a pair of wider bars for my tourer re-build, only to find someone had taken three of them!

ocrider

outofbreath – Member
    I’m not so sure. Signed delivery and insurance protect the seller, not the buyer.
    So he’s gone without the benefit, taken the chance and pocketed the difference.

And had it gone tits up, do you think that he’d be honouring the op with a refund? I’m not so sure.

tomhoward

And had it gone tits up, do you think that he’d be honouring the op with a refund? I’m not so sure.

If the buyer had used PayPal, he wouldn’t have a say in it

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    Could be worse.

I quite fancied a pair of wider bars for my tourer re-build, only to find someone had taken three of them!
    Once ive found which bar i like , ill sell the other 2 sets of bars at a vast profit to get my £12 back 🙂
    Wanna buy some new bell laps ? .. £40 to you ?
    Your lucky as i almost had all 5 pairs !
    First come and all that 🙂

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member

If the buyer had used PayPal, he wouldn’t have a say in it

I wanted paypal , seller didnt !

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fist come and all that

😯

Rorschach
    Free Member

You’re

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Fist come and all that

😳
    Changed it ! … made me chuckle

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Chuckle? I’d have thought it would have made your eyes water!

dhrider
    Free Member

stumpy_m4 – Member

I wanted paypal , seller didnt !

Surely that alone seemed suspicious? I’d have offered to pay by PayPal and cover fees, if he wasn’t happy i’d have walked away.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Surely that alone seemed suspicious? I’d have offered to pay by PayPal and cover fees

Not really , plenty of people dont use paypal ?

outofbreath
    Free Member

If he’s self insuring with a £12 premium paid by the OP then he’s only got to find an extra £6 over the amount the insurance would have paid. So personally, I’d say makes no difference to the chances of him paying up in the event of a lost package.

Shackleton

I’d be pretty miffed if that happened to me just through the sheer dishonesty of it. As far as I can see you were sold and paid for service A and received service B. I can’t understand how it can be viewed any other way!

I may even be miffed enough to post a warning on every for sale or wanted post of theirs from now on……

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Ripped off with postage by STW member !’ is closed to new replies.