Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Ripped off with postage by STW member !
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Bought a couple of pairs of drop bars from the classifieds last week , paid exactly what he wanted and he even got me a quote for the postage, turns out he wanted £18 for insured signed for etc, thought it was steep but paid it anyway , bars turned up which im happy about but postage on the parcel is 2nd class and only £5.99 !! …. Ripped of by a member of the community for £12 … Just no need for it
    Ive emailed said seller and being totally ignored

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Ok thanks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pitchforks! Artisan pitchforks! Get your artisan pitchforks here! Only £399.99 plus £48,000.34 p&p.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Ouch but you did know all of that. Amazed you agreed to 18 quid. Not very nice but you did agree.

Kryton57

Maybe he used DX.

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z0Pm7tccvc[/video]

nuke

Amazed you agreed to 18 quid. Not very nice but you did agree.

^ he agreed to insured & signed for £18, not 2nd class…didn’t get what he paid for imo and every right to be annoyed. If it had been a couple of quid over cost of postage then fair enough but cost of postage was a third of what he paid!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

They may have used some expensive sellotape.

…but I would say the seller is in the wrong.

Ouch but you did know all of that. Amazed you agreed to 18 quid. Not very nice but you did agree.

He apparently agreed to signed for delivery, not second class. All that info and more are in the OP.

Edit: A member of the community eh?

legend
    Free Member

£12 in fuel to get to the post office?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Interesting thread..

You need to get out and ride more.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    Interesting thread..

You need to get out and ride more.
    I will now my bars have come 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

It was a 40 mile drive and 15 minute ferry to the post office

Northwind

STW victim blaming 😉

Seriously, if you paid for 1st class signed and you got less, and the seller’s not fixing it after a reasonable timescale (*), then they’re a thief. There’s no defence. Possibly you’re a slight mug for paying that much in the first place but that’s completely beside the point.

(* it’s the runup to christmas, people are busy, travelling, stressed etc so I hope they’ve had a decent opportunity…)

mtbtom
    Free Member

Looks like who you bought them off has only ever used the forum for sales. Not taking a pop at you (honest!), but personally, I consider that a warning sign and steer clear.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

STW.

Where being ripped off can be fixed by getting out and riding more….apparently.

Rorschach
    Free Member

You paid £18 to get it delivered….it got delivered.Win.

Northwind

I think the thing to do here is take notes from this thread of forum members who won’t mind if you rip them off, for future use.

konabunny
    Free Member

You can slag off most classifieds sellers as much as you want because they don’t come on the main or bike forums anyway.

DezB
    Free Member

I reckon you should never buy anything from him again. Ever!

fd3chris
    Free Member

Northwind +1

MartynS

Seller insists on insured, signed for postage, buyer pays for that, seller sends second class..
    Seller is a rip off merchant.

At the very least leave a comment on the thread you bought from. It at least allows people to make an informed choice as to wether to do business

DezB
    Free Member

konabunny – Member
    You can slag off most classifieds sellers as much as you want because they don’t come on the main or bike forums anyway.

Definitely true in this case!

CheesybeanZ

Sounds like the seller needs a turd in a box posting with the cheapest stamp possible so he has too collect and pay the outstanding fees .

mattsccm
    Free Member

Ah well, maybe I forgot half the post while replying. Fair enough you didn’t get what you paid for. Complain to him then, with warning that you will to public.
    Still amazed that it costs 18 quid to post some bars.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

You got them, postal services are for the seller’s benefit and sellers can ask whatever they want. You agreed, this is really open and shut. Hard to accept you’ve paid too much when you clearly agreed to pay that. It’s irrelevant what service they used…YOU GOT THE BARS!

If the bars went missing it’s the seller’s risk, not yours.

zanelad
    Free Member

At least you got your goods. I was ripped off for some rollers by a scrote going by the name of Hywel D Stredwick. At least, that’s the name of the bank account he asked me to pay into.

From the valleys I believe, if you google his name.

Not via STW I hasten to add.

hatter

I factor in faff when quoting postage, if I have to mess work around in order to send it, go out specifically to get packaging etc. If you don’t like it, come and collect.

Again, he quoted £18, you agreed, and you got the bars, all’s fair in love and war as far as I can see. If you hadn’t received them then he’d be out of pocket. His loss.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

I’d say £48 for 3 pairs of bars is quite reasonable actually 🙂

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Hywel D Stredwick

Even the name conjures up the image of a moustache twirling villainous ne’er-do-well

fd3chris
    Free Member

They agreed on a certain service for the amount of £18 and the seller didn’t honour that agreement. How hard is that to understand ?? Damn there are some dumb arses on here.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

fd3chris – Member
    They agreed on a certain service for the amount of £18 and the seller didn’t honour that agreement. How hard is that to understand ?? Damn there are some dumb arses on here.

🙂

granny_ring

That’s not a good show by the seller.don’t send him a Christmas card.

mrsfry
    Free Member

I agree with Fd3chris and the OP. Seller is very naughty.
    He’s lucky i was not his customer as i am the type of person who
    will get my cash back…..all my cash back.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

mrsfry – Member
    I agree with Fd3chris and the OP. Seller is very naughty.
    He’s lucky i was not his customer as i am the type of person who
    will get my cash back…..all my cash back.

If your near Farham, Surrey , pop round and have a word please 🙂

mrsfry
    Free Member

Action speaks louder than words……

jam-bo

Seller insists on insured, signed for postage, buyer pays for that, seller sends second class..
    Seller is a rip off merchant.

Maybe they self insured…

Tracey

Would be better if everything in the classifieds included postage. That way you can determine if its worth it.

nwill1
    Free Member

How did you pay?

If it was PayPal tell him they didn’t arrive and ask him to prove it…it’ll teach him two can play shitty 😉

Next time he charges £18 signed for he pay the £18 and send them signed for. I’m with OP on this one bang out of order!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

nwill1 – Member
    How did you pay?

If it was PayPal tell him they didn’t arrive and ask him to prove it…it’ll teach him two can play shitty

Next time he charges £18 signed for he pay the £18 and send them signed for. I’m with OP on this one bang out of order!

Originally he wanted a cheque ?? …. havent used a cheque in 10 years and so offered him paypal or bank transfer and so he took the transfer option

mattyfez

Thing with postage is that 2nd class is a lot cheaper than special delivery.. And there’s a few things in between like recorded/signed for.

I suppose special delivery would be the best option as it’s tracked and insured.. But for items less than about £20 it’s probably not worth it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Ripped off with postage by STW member !’ is closed to new replies.