Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • brake lever ripped out
  • spock
    Free Member

Whilst coming down a steep hill i hit a 'bombhole', crashing , and ripping my hope xc4's lever out of its socket, So how do i get it back in and keep it there, i used a rubber band to make it usable but i cant shift well like that.

thanks,

Onzadog
    Free Member

I would imagine that your XC4 is fitted with a closed circuit pro lever. You might need a new brass washer and circlip for the repair.

Have a look at the exploded diagrams on Hopes website under the technical section.

spock
    Free Member

i have the brass washer , how do i fix it back in?

Phil_H

You'll need to replace the brass washer in the lever body.
    Part no. 10 in this link.
    http://www.hopetech.com/database/lever-pro-closed.jpg
    The washer is designed to deform in a crash allowing the lever to pop out. You night be able to fix it by squeezing if back to flat in a vice but last time I tried that it just split.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Remove the lever pivot bolt and nut (careful not to lose the two nylon washers)
    Unwind the reac adjustment screw from the lever until the lever comes off.
    Remove the conical rubber seal
    Remove the circlip while holding the piston in place with a ball end hex key.
    remove damaged brass washer
    insert push rod instead of ball end hex key
    fit new washer
    circlip
    seal
    lever.

Trimix
    Free Member

Rip it out more than once or twice and you will wear the small lip on the master cylinder body that allows the circlip to fit in. Once you have no lip for the circlip to sit in your cattletrucked.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘brake lever ripped out’ is closed to new replies.