Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • rip/hole in my tyre wall – can it be fixed?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

as above, a fairly new and expensive tyre took a beating a couple of weeks back and its now got a hole in the sidewall.

can i fix the bu99er rather than bin it?

ta

Ben

delusional
    Free Member

You shouldn't, but I'm running a set of high rollers that were patched with a park tyre boot some months ago and I haven't experienced any issues from it. In fact the tyres have gone from nearly new to the sidewalls wearing thin all with a patch on them.

wwaswas

look for some tubeless tyre patches – I'm runnign a couple on some Nobby Nics and they seem to be fine. they weren't huge holes, mind – maybe .5cm long?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    boblo
    Free Member

If you do fix it, put it on the back as well.

Chew
    Free Member

Depends how big, and what type of hole it is.

I've patched up a 10mm cut in my sidewall and everythings seems fine.

Anything bigger than that you may have a problem, and if you do patch it up, make sure you check it on a regular basis, and if it gets worse replace.

nosedive
    Free Member

my experience has been less happy. Most of the tyres I fixed didnt last long after that. Typically cuts of 2cm or more though. Question is do you want to have something fail when you are 20 miles from your car and ruin a precious ride? if not it's wallet out time

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘rip/hole in my tyre wall – can it be fixed?’ is closed to new replies.