Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • R.I.P – The Hub Carrot Cake. Almost gone but never to be forgotten.
  • bigjim

tight-young-lovelies

I use my inside voice for those kind of things, you should too 🙂

I did notice the carpark smells godawful some days – is that the same problem?

Yeah i think it depends on the wind direction, basically the humming green box with the flashing red light (poo tardis?) stinks. There was also some raw sewage flowing down the road a couple of weeks back from the new toiled block I guess but that seems to have been fixed. I noticed the jet wash was closed on wednesday so maybe the poo tardis is struggling.

cynic-al
    Free Member

jedi – Member
    the hub is legendary and part of the buzz of glentress. i never walked over to the peel center cafe for a look.

tracey and emma i salute you and wish you nothing but good things.

This. I got to chat with Tracey a few weeks ago – great to see her on good form and philosophical abut things.

a11y

So to Emma and Tracey I bid a fond goodbye, and to the new Peel Cafe I wish good luck, but for me I need to find a new cake of choice, because as good as the new carrot cake may well be, it’ll just never quite hit the spot.

And from me too. Thanks for providing great food and a great environment to enjoy it in for the past 10 years folks. I kind of feel sorry for the Peel Cafe as they’ve got a hell of a lot to live up to.

We’ve equipped our VW campervan with Hub coasters and Hub mugs. It’ll now be known (to us at least) as The ‘Dub In the Forest 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    messiah
    Free Member

tight-young-lovelies

[/i]

*cough* yes, well, It’s a quote from a friend *cough*

MrsToast
    Free Member

Except originally, there was no cafe, no bike shop, just a car park and changing room. And the trails were still awesome back then. The Hub was the icing on the cake, but you can still have great cake without icing.

I meant it’s always been part of our Glentress experience over the past four years. Glentress is still going to be awesome, it’s just going to be strange for us that the Hub won’t be there.

As for the cafe being average, I’d hate to see what they’d say about the Birches Valley cafe at Cannock Chase. The cakes aren’t as nice, they’re half the size, and last time I had a bacon sandwich there the bread was mouldy. 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

There were trails at GT years before the Hub arrived – which AFAIK coincided with the new trails.

Oh and I have heard them called “jailbait”…but the poster got pulled up on that, probably quite rightly.

trekstar
    Free Member

I think everyone will miss the hub. I will miss the fruit flap jacks that’s for sure.

Some people are having a goodbye to the hub ride over here if anyone is interested – http://www.trailscotland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1437

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘R.I.P – The Hub Carrot Cake. Almost gone but never to be forgotten.’ is closed to new replies.