Viewing 14 posts - 161 through 174 (of 174 total)
  • Rip Rangers
  • konabunny
    Free Member

Konabunny – I hope you’re talking football* and not generally.
    *even if you are, still pretty poor.

Are confusing my comment with someone else’s? Your response doesn’t really seem to make sense.

onehundredthidiot

THink HMRC are starting down a long road. I dare say they will start to spotlight other sporting clubs and say “pay up or this will be you” probably come to some agreement over how much will be paid.

Rangers problem was it was big enough to owe a substantial amount and be able to find clever lawyers but far enough removed from the centre of UK football for a large number to become vocal enough to get something done. (Bally, Jock oiks making noise about some soccer club)
    Now they have this precident set other big clubs football/rugby etc will need to be settling up pretty soon. Assuming they have been using the same, or similar, loop holes.

Having been on the receiving end of bigotry thanks to my name I can’t say I’m sorry that they’re upset by the folding of their club. NO doubt the same comes from diehard hoops fans and if that is the case then hopefully they will fold also. Or perhaps realise that they are now pushing against an open door and there is no-one chanting against them so they might as well think on realise that they have wasted so much of their lives on hatred an ddo something constructive with their energies.

Brycey
    Free Member

Not really sure why, thought it was fairly obvious…

stanfree
    Free Member

As someone stated earlier the chants between rivals fans don’t come much worse than Man U and Liverpool but they are accepted as there are no sectarian side to them. I’m an Aberdeen fan and in 30 years supporting them sung some pretty stupid stuff . The difference Is I don’t wake up in the morning with a chip on my shoulder and have a hatred for Catholics / Protestants , life is just way to short.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I’m an Aberdeen fan

“morning” from a fellow sheepshagger 😆

konabunny
    Free Member

Can I just point out to those south of the border the drivel above is a Glasgow/central belt thing, not a Scottish thing.

Central Belt is 70% of the country’s population, so the distinction isn’t that significant.

Are confusing my comment with someone else’s? Your response doesn’t really seem to make sense.

Not really sure why, thought it was fairly obvious…

Nope, not obvious at all, at least to me. I’m being thick, you’re being obtuse or both.

Why, if only 30% of Scots live outside the Central Belt, does it make any sense to say that sectarianism isn’t a Scottish thing, but a Central Belt thing?

Kit
    Free Member

Sectarianism in Scottish fitba’ has nothing to do with where you live, and everything to do with how much of a **** you are.

hounslow
    Free Member

vice magazine documentary on the subject
    http://www.vice.com/rivals/rangers-celtic-full-length%5D

stanfree
    Free Member

Ditchjockey , Stand Free… 8)

Kit , yer spot on.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Ally McCoist has gone on Rangers TV at half time, demanding to to know who was marking Charlie Mulgrew for that first Celtic goal. Who are these people? The Rangers fans deserve to know!

matt_bl
    Free Member

onehundredthidiot – Member

UK football for a large number to become vocal enough to get something done. (Bally, Jock oiks making noise about some soccer club)

So what is UK football, I was under the impression that Scottish Football and the SFA were completely independant?

Matt

Northwind

Kit – Member

Sectarianism in Scottish fitba’ has nothing to do with where you live, and everything to do with how much of a **** you are.

I don’t say this often, but /thread.

onehundredthidiot

Matt (nice crop by the way), the point iwas trying to make was scottish clubs (for right or wrong) are seen by the majority of the UK population as being outside UK football (that’s a whole other arguement though) i.e. SFA not FA. I was just trying to raise the spectre of this being a test case for “bigger” clubs (south of the border) to take notice of and get their books in order.

jota180
    Free Member

I’m sure the Office of Fair Trading can do something about this blatant discrimination 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 161 through 174 (of 174 total)

The topic ‘Rip Rangers’ is closed to new replies.