Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RIP OFF. Check your bank statements tonight!
  • crikey
    Free Member

Mrs. crikey just got ripped off by these f**king set of crooks;

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=819869

Go and have a look now.

stumpyjon

That's well dodgy, I love the fact that only the taker can stop the arangement, why not the keys to my house while you're at it.

crikey
    Free Member

I'm sure it's all 'legal', for a given value of legal…

No doubt those who work for the company know full well what they are doing, I'm just glad my self respect isn't so cheap.

naokfreek
    Free Member

It's a bloody good site that….found out some very helpful info on there before now…

good luck!!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Its funny that with credit card companies looking after your money in so many other purchases (bigger ones have whole departments that delight in hunting down dodgy salespeople etc), they can't/won't do something so simple as stop their equivalent of a direct debit. Particularly since its actually a bit of a faff (relatively speaking) to set up a 'proper' direct debit but you can cancel it online without even speaking to someone, yet you can 'accidentally' get these ones on credit cards (eg the original poster's one) and then spend all day on hold trying to speak to someone to cancel it…

Anyone have an explanantion for us mere mortals as to what the difference is and why?

If i was a more cynical person I would say that the credit card companies do too well out of the increased balances and more revenue (particuarly if you don't notice it for a year!) through interest to want to do anything major about it. Ooops, I just did.

bennyboy
    Free Member

Cant you just report the card stolen if you cant get the monthly charge stopped as they usually issue a new card with a different number i would presume

naokfreek
    Free Member

Ya, i would consider that so, as when you get a new card, your bank asks you to update DDs with the new card no.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip. I ordered some tickets from Ticketmaster and somehow these shisters have signed me up. Cancelling and demanding refund now

STATO
    Free Member

does no-one read t&c's these days? its actually pretty clear what they are trying to get you to sign up to (trainline, ticketmaster, etc. all have these 'savings schemes')

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RIP OFF. Check your bank statements tonight!’ is closed to new replies.