Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • RIP Mick McManus
  • stavromuller
    Free Member

Can’t believe nobody has mentioned the late great Les Kellett. Remember seeing him fight Mick McManus at St. Georges Hall, Bradford. Our kid had to hold me back, I was nearly in the ring with them. As for mum going out on a Saturday, that was the cue for all the furniture being pushed back to the walls and battle royal commencing. I’ve still got the scars.

racefaceec90

😆

mikemorini
    Free Member

Jackie Pallo was my Grans favorite.
    I remember the commentator (Kent Walton?) always used to sign off with
    “have a good week till next week”
    My brother and I still use the phrase when we speak on the phone.

Scapegoat

As lads we used to fish in a pond in Balsall Common. It was on a patch of land behind some houses and no one really knew who it belonged to, but it had some cracking perch in it. One afternoon we’re there and a bloke comes ambling up, asking us if we had permission to fish. We said we didn’t but just as we were getting a bit scared he told us it was OK as long as we tidied up afterwards. My mate was open mouthed and asked if he was “That wrestler off the telly?” Sure enough, it was Mick McManus. Top geezer.

Scapegoat

joeegg – Member
    My brother used to repair Masambula’s car.
    Big Daddy’s son plays rugby for Huddersfield Giants,Eorl Crabtree

Nearly. Shirly was Eorl’s uncle. Eorl’s dad Gerry was a detective.

plumber
    Free Member

Black pudding and vinegar at my grandmas house

Always loved Kung fu. The deaf guy can’t remember his name, Alan something? and went to see some matches at Bournemouth town hall on family holidays

Cat weasel turned up one night and put his plastic toad on the corner post. I thought it was just brilliant at the time

Ended up working with 3 of giant haystacks sons at one time, they were genuinely very very smart guys and very hard workers

brokensoul
    Free Member

Pork pie & brown sauce.

RIP

stgeorge

Fish paste sandwiches.

Remember Steve Logan as Mick McManus’s tag team partner. Evil pair!

RIP

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

cycling was invented just to sell more of the those wrestling outfits, now made by Rapha.

rusty90
    Free Member

Can’t believe nobody has mentioned the late great Les Kellett

Proper hard man by all accounts. There’s a story that he had an infected hand that was so swollen the ref wouldn’t let him fight. So he got his opponent to stamp on it to squeeze the pus out.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘RIP Mick McManus’ is closed to new replies.