Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • RIP Kael Shawnasae (Katec Bearings)
  • kudos100
    Free Member

The amount of shit Kael got on here was uncalled for. It was pretty obvious he had mental health problems.

I never stood up for him, as some of the things he talked about were barking. Maybe I should have, but how do you mention “the guy might have some problems, so lay off a bit” without making the person extremely uncomfortable.

I like to think that most of the people posting on this thread chose to focus on the good parts of his personality and didn’t add fuel to the fire by arguing with his more eccentric beliefs. As it’s been mentioned he was a really nice bloke and very generous.

Perhaps in future if someone is saying some pretty far out stuff, maybe letting it go and not winding them up or browbeating them is a better way to go about it………..

avdave2

Whatever he was or wasn’t, whatever happened to him or not this thread highlights the countless examples of his desire to help others and his generosity and shows one thing for certain, that the world was a better place for the time he spent in it.

mucker

Ride in peace.

racefaceec90

i’m afraid i didn’t know the man,but my condolences to his family and friends 🙁

gavtheman
    Free Member

Thats so sad, only spoke to him once but he was really really helpful and pleasant!

His bearings were awesome too!

RIP…..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Genuinely shocked and saddened to read of his death.
    I had a few email conversations with him over the years and found him to be eloquent, polite and helpful. I used him exclusively for bearings for some time.

Ride in peace Kael, happy trails.
    🙁

wolfenstein
    Free Member

RIP dude..may your trails from hereon dry and dusty

granny_ring

The more I think about this and read this thread the sadder I feel.
    What a crying shame that a nice guy and helpful chap by the sounds of what a lot have said is not here anymore.
    Such a shame….
    It seemed liked he had turned things around after the stick he got on here initially, not from me I hasten to add, and got a successful business up and running.
    I haven’t needed any bearings yet but he was who I would have gone to when the time came.

If the family decide they want donations to any particular charity or trust in Kaels memory can someone post it on here, if they haven’t done already, sorry not read it through today.

Cheers.

Kit
    Free Member

RIP

May the bike shelter outside of Eternal Peace be forever clear of garden furniture.

kaiser
    Free Member

I hope the bullies on here are proud of themselves ..ganging up for a cheap laugh …nasty herd mentality demonstrating their own insecurities by picking on someone who was different and probably a far better person than they’ll ever be. he was a generous helpful and eccentric chap ..just the sort i like . Not a keyboard sheep .

cheese@4p

So saddened by this news

xherbivorex
    Free Member

kaiser- agree. i’ve been rounded on a couple of times on here myself. it’s not pleasant; some absolute turds (in amongst mostly generally decent folk, i hasten to add).

kael once sent me bearings and a prototype tool thing he’d made that allowed me to get my old norco back up and running for free (he flatly refused to take anything for it except whatever feedback i had as to its design and functionality). our world is definitely worse off without him in it.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Wow, only just noticed this (tend to ignore the sticky’s! 😳 ).

Didn’t know him other than by reputation here and from ordering various bearings over the years, but RIP Kaesae 🙁

Macavity
    Free Member
    gummydino
    Free Member

RIP Kael 🙁 🙁 🙁

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Great bloke to deal with and an absolute gent.
    Latest, and last, bit of feedback on those bearings is that they’re still going strong and I’m still not riding the bike enough.
    RIP dude.
    A very different chap from how some folks on here saw him.

oldnick

Always enjoyed my phone chats with him when ordering bearings, and his shock bush tool works a treat.
    Whilst his treatment on here didn’t necessarily contribute to his problems, there are some on here who need to learn when to wind their necks in when an easy target comes in range.
    RIP

coffeeking
    Free Member

Sad news. I didn’t agree with much he wrote and a few times was driven to distraction trying to (genuinely, not maliciously) point out some of the issues with his logic. Eventually I realised it was pointless and left him to his own thoughts. He seemed a nice chap though, and no more eccentric than 50% of the people I call good friends, but over the internet arguments can become heated and personal easily.

tracys1967
    Free Member

Kael was my younger brother and is missed every day. It has been very comforting reading
    These posts and to know that what he done to help people was appreciated.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Sorry for your loss Tracy. If it’s any comfort, rest assured he was fondly thought of by almost everyone on here. Loopy, no doubt, but it’s clear he was well liked. That is testament to what a goood chap he was. Sorry again for your loss.

scotroutes

Thanks for coming on Tracy. I had been tempted to get in touch with Kaels family to let them see how well respected he’d become on here. I hope this offers you some comfort. He was a unique individual and the world is poorer without him.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Sorry for your loss Tracy. I honestly don’t know what to say other than I thought he was a nice bloke from my dealings with him. I hope your family can find peace and I give you my condolences.

LAT

Before I say anything, I would like to offer my comdolences to Kael’s family and friends.

I’m a longterm and infrequent lurker here who very occasionally posts. I didn’t know Kael, but I can recall the threads relating to the bearings and the direction they took.

Reading through this thread, this stood out:

I never stood up for him, as some of the things he talked about were barking. Maybe I should have, but how do you mention “the guy might have some problems, so lay off a bit” without making the person extremely uncomfortable.

I’m not sure how things work on web forums, but I imagine that the first place to raise concerns in this type of situation would be with the people who run the site. Singletrack has always struck me as descent and socially conscious and I’m sure they would take take such concerns seriously and act on them.

renton
    Free Member

RIP Kael.

I remember reading some of the abuse he got and just used to think Wow !!!

Internet bullies are ****, no place for them on here yet if you look at my last thread you can see they are still here with their sarky comments etc.

**** the lot of them.

jamj1974

Tracy, thank you for letting us know.

Take care,

J

lalazar
    Free Member

I never met ur brother Tracy but I did watch some of his videos on YouTube to sort my hubs out. Sorry for your loss and hope time heals for you and yours.

With regards to his views I think the guy just said what he felt and there’s nothing wrong with that. Only problem is socially its not acceptable to say certain things and although some people will engage in a debate others will just mock and jest cos it’s easy to gang up just as it is in a kids playground. I think he showed courage and conviction where others took the easy option so maybe folk should take a good hard look at themselves and their own ISSUES .

RIP Kae maybe we’ll meet in another life.

granny_ring

Yes sorry for your loss Tracy and thanks for posting on here.
    Is there a particular charity that you and the family would like any donations to be made in Kaels memory?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’m really sad.

Used his bearings and found them to be excellent.

He stuck up for me once here and I never forgot that. Made him a wheel to say thanks.

Ride in peace mate.

tracys1967
    Free Member

Thank you all for your kind words and condolences it is very much appreciated.
    I know he was different but he was one of the sweetest and caring people and would go out of his way to help anyone and it’s good to know that most of the folk on here saw past his different take on life and appreciated his knowledge.

We took a collection at his funeral for Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland if any one want’s to donate to them.

kimbers
    granny_ring

Will do, thanks for the link.

takisawa2

What a tragic, tragic loss.
    Only dealt with him once or twice through email, but come across as a truly decent bloke.
    I remember thinking at the time that someone as helpful & nice as he was deserved better than some of the daft comments folk left when he was genuinely just trying to help folk out.
    Very sad.
    Peace to his loved ones.

jamj1974

Thanks for the link.

alisons1953
    Free Member

Thanks to most of you for the lovely words and memories of my Son Kael, he was very much loved and was a loving and caring person who is very much missed by us all, his Parents, Brother, Sisters, Neices, Nephews, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. R.I.P Kael????Xxxx

bearnecessities

Hi Alison, I’ve sat here and sighed a few times, wondered what I could post, but ultimately I can’t say anything of any use (nothing unusual there though 🙂 ) .

One thing for sure is that the good folk of this world, recognise and benefit from other good folk, and Kael was clearly one of them.

Best wishes, Rich

rickmeister

Hi Alison, Tracy… Kael was a star.
    He gave us a lot of his time, invited us round to his flat to get stuff sorted, he couldn’t help enough…

Yes, he had a different perspective but he was always there…

Condolences and best wishes to the family…..

alisons1953
    Free Member

Thanks Rick, he sure did love bikes and helping people.

alisons1953
    Free Member

Thanks Rich

jamj1974

It is very good to know that Kaels family known he was well thought off by people who visit here. Thank you Alison and Tracy for letting us know.

Viewing 39 posts - 81 through 119 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘RIP Kael Shawnasae (Katec Bearings)’ is closed to new replies.