Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)
  • RIP Kael Shawnasae (Katec Bearings)
  • crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

A huge character, eccentric in a tin foil hat way, but always completely passionate about bikes and seemed to give away more stuff than he sold.

Thoughts for his family and loved ones.

monkeychild
    Free Member

He had a slightly different outlook on the world from what I saw in here. But when I had dealings with him outside of here, he was such a nice guy and would bend over backwards to help you. I am genuinely saddened by this news and my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

schmiken

RIP Kael.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sad news, seemed like a decent guy.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Very sad to die so young.Genuinely didn’t have a clue what he was on about but really hope he has found a happier place and is at peace.

Ambrose

Too sad. RIP mate.

yunki
    Free Member

Very sad.. See ya Kael 😐

righog
    Free Member

Sad news. I made a point of getting my bearings from him and recommending to others.

wrecker
    Free Member

This is awful 🙁
    always enjoyed his interaction here, and he offered a great service.
    Really, really shit news.

butcher

Is this Keasee we’re talking about? The maddest, and most entertaining conspiracy theorist on all of STW?

scaredypants

Shit news. Condolences to anyone he was close to.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes

BigJohn

So sorry to hear it. He was a troubled soul at times, and we had a few interchanges on the forum both in happy times and some less so.

I used him for bearings a few times and he seemed to be fulfilled in what he was doing then.

Cheerio old pal.

steffybhoy
    Free Member

‘Kaesae’ showed me years ago how to extend the life of cartridge bearings. R-I-P ‘Kaesae. Top bloke.

Wally

Sad news, I found him to be an absolute gent and my first go to guy for bearings.Very sorely missed.

piemonster

Sincere condolences to everyone close to him.

RIP seems more pertinent than ever.

lowey

Terrible. Too young. thoughts are with his family and friends.

geoffj

Shit news. Be at peace lad.

RustySpanner

So sad to hear this.

A proper gent, offered to source me a frame.
    He didn’t need to do that, he just wanted to help.

He’ll be missed.

ChrisL

I met him at the Clubbiedean trail repair session too. It was yet another one of those moments where the mental image of someone I’d gained from their presence here didn’t match what they were like in person. It was only a brief meeting but he was friendly and pleasant to chat to.

I’ll probably associate the ❓ emoticon with him forever more.

finbar
    Free Member

Woah, what a terrible shame. I was looking for Katec bearings on eBay just the other week, this would explain why I couldn’t find it 🙁

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I’d never made the link before, but I’ve dealt with him on ebay for – you’ve guessed it – bearings.

I didn’t know him, but it sounds like he was a top gent. May he RIP.

Bazz

Bugger, never met him but bought his bearings and exchanged brief messages with him, helpful and friendly guy.

Thoughts with his close ones.

avdave2

Below are the tags posted by members of this forum on his bearing thread 5 years ago. I guess he won people round in the end, I hope he knew that. RIP

“This could run and run. Unlike KaTec bearings.& …where DO YOU GET ALL THOSE FRAMES FROM??!!! 100% retard alienating more potential customers by the minute… allthegear smoke HER own product allthegear smokes his own product aren’t you the xpert anyway??? Ban kaesae bannatyne vs Kaesae bearing knowledge FAIL bearing seller pedaling tat big pile of ball(bearing)s Blimey. but we’re not alone! care in the community? CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY LUNATIC Credulous Nincompoops cuckoo! dickydutch yet another purse swinger don’t post on his threads and he’ll go away exasperated Grief athletes hope bearings it is then… Humble pie anyone i heart kaesae is Manwells your sales manager ? it’s “wear” not “ware” Kaesae drives a sports car kaesae for PM (monster raving loony party) kaesae is so shagable kaesae rocks! kaesae is right kae kaesae you’re being WRONG on the internet! Katec: avoid like the plague KFC YUMMY mad as a hatter mr-mills dull Dull DULL No one does lynch mobs like STW O look another purse swinger Oh Well pathetic attempt at forum spamming please close this thread… Purse goes in to orbit rat-brained craven mongrels spellchecker??? SV is a purse ninja The genius if fools. The meaning of lif The truth shall set you free!!! This guy is a tool thisisnotaspoon TJ goes in to orbit Too much time on your hands Troll troll troll troll troll We may be stupid what’s a ‘purse swinger’ anyway? wtf is that all about? You’re uninvestable…I’M OUT

butcher

butcher » Is this Keasee we’re talking about? The maddest, and most entertaining conspiracy theorist on all of STW?

Yes

That’s not cool 🙁

RIP

bigjim

I’m fairly sure I never got involved in any of those threads where everyone picked him apart but it does leave me with a sense of guilt regardless.

RIP Kael, thanks for all the bearings and being a character

thegreatape
    Free Member

RIP – another very satisfied customer who found him to be a really helpful bloke.

I guess he won people round in the end, I hope he knew that. RIP

I hope so too, but I think there was a definite forum warming to him over time – he was a crackpot, but he was our crackpot.

Cougar

I’m fairly sure I never got involved in any of those threads where everyone picked him apart but it does leave me with a sense of guilt regardless.

I never knew him and don’t know what happened, but the tributes here do seem at odds with what I remember from what some people had to say to / about him during his tenure on STW. I share your guilt prickings.

I do hope that the people who regularly gave him a shoeing stop and think for a moment that there is in fact real people at the other end of an account name rather than “it’s only the Internet.” I know that this has given me pause over shooting from the hip when I’ve got a grump on.

Sorry if that’s an inappropriate thing to say, I’m Aspie so I honestly don’t know but I’m experiencing cognitive dissonance reading this and it felt somehow important to me that we learn something here. Something positive to come out of it, as it were.

Cougar

he was a crackpot, but he was our crackpot.

Perfectly put.

shaggy

Well put Cougar.

I don’t think I ever interacted with him on the forum but ordered bearings from him. I never met him, or spoke to him. Every time I use my shock eyelet tool I’ll think of him.

While I don’t know if these words actually are accurate here, I suspect they are what lots of people are thinking them “mental health” and “suicide”. I feel uncomfortable that neither have been written down. I’ve experienced both with close friends. I believe that keeping the words, and discussion around them, taboo is unhelpful. Obviously I don’t expect wild speculation, but, please, let’s discuss these issues if we feel they are relevant.

Coyote
    Free Member

Nicely put Cougar, makes you think…

RIP Kaesae.

Ambrose

Cougar, Coyote and others- well done. I too remember the criticism thrown at him a few years ago.

bigjim

While I don’t know if these words actually are accurate here, I suspect they are what lots of people are thinking them “mental health” and “suicide”. I feel uncomfortable that neither have been written down. I’ve experienced both with close friends. I believe that keeping the words, and discussion around them, taboo is unhelpful. Obviously I don’t expect wild speculation, but, please, let’s discuss these issues if we feel they are relevant.

I can see both sides of the situation in terms of the forum mods, I had speculated initially and the post was clipped by a mod which is fair enough. I also have a friend who went down what would seem a fairly similar road and have met Kael so it’s struck a chord. From Kael’s posts and videos I think some things are fairly clear but understand some may not see it right to discuss.

However I agree not talking about the general topic simply compounds the problem.

shaggy

I am a mod, just not on here much these days. There certainly needs to be a balance. Personally, I think it is weighted, in society, as well as this forum, to avoid discussion.

iain1775
    Free Member

The suicide word is indeed one I briefly thought about when I heard the news, but then whilst I wouldn’t say I knew him particularly well or even a fraction of what was going on in his head I do know via some Facebook messages that he was having some ongoing physical health issues (that he said in one of his last messages to me where ‘causing him pain and making things a struggle’) so we owe it to him not to speculate on his state of mind.
    At the end of the day the end result is the same regardless of cause, he is no longer here and sadly he leaves behind his parents and loved ones
    I hope he is now at peace, how or why that may have come around is irrelivent, and needn’t concern us

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Damn. RIP Kael. 🙁

hora
    Free Member

I’m not going to simply write RIP. What happened and is there anything at all that I or others can do for riders, friends on STW etc in the future?

teasel
    Free Member

I guess he won people round in the end, I hope he knew that.

I hope so because he had a really rough time on this forum. I, too, feel guilty for not standing up and defending him against stuff like…

don’t post on his threads and he’ll go away exasperated

**** disgusting behaviour, makes me angry it’s been allowed. I hope the folk who posted that shit have since been banned.

A sad loss of a genuinely nice guy.

Davesport

I’d only met Kael once. I didn’t know him or anyone else on this board at the time. My recollection is exactly the same as Teasel’s.

Such sad news. My thoughts are with his loved ones. He was someone’s son.

D.

hora
    Free Member

As a side note which should be nicer on here. Theres a stw’er who gets a fair amount of abuse on here. Not targeted per se but every time he posts he gets ‘in English’ etc. It could be wearing overtime. Instead of lashing out people should either ignore or respect others opinions or just support each other 🙂

For a couple of years I wasnt in the best shape post-death of my father and I admit I was aliitle provocative on here. Anyway probably not the time or place but I think people should look out for signs, offer help and ban anyone targeting etc.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘RIP Kael Shawnasae (Katec Bearings)’ is closed to new replies.