Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • RIP 'Jesus Man'
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

One of Bradfords most colourful characters, always happy, always smiling, even when some people would give him abuse.

Many people won’t have a clue who he is but anyone who has lived in the Bradford /Leeds areas over 60 yrs will no doubt have seen him walking the streets.

https://sites.google.com/site/thestoryofgeoffreybrindley/

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Good of you to post that.

I saw him pass a couple of times, but I never got to speak to him.

RIP fella.

RobinL

Very sad, I’m 56 and can remember seeing him when on the way to the Dales with my parents a number of times many years ago. Seen him several times since, last time a few years ago. Always brightened the day to see him smiling and waving.

RIP

ton

seen him in leeds and wakefield in the past. always looked happy.

downhilldave

Not seen him for a few years, used to see him a couple of times a year and always made me smile.

RIP

pennine
    Free Member

Seen & waved to him endless times since the early sixties. A true character of Bradford RIP.

We’ve had our fair share of characters around here. Another was ‘Big Anna’ who was well known in the 60s & 70s. To many she was a big scary polish women with a walking stick she used on cheeky kids (& me for biking on the pavement!) who it is alleged was experimented on by the Nazis whilst in Dachau.

hanchurch
    Free Member

I remember him from my Bradford uni days…RIP.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

An odd but never an unwelcome sight around town. Will miss seeing him all over the place.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Maybe he just suffered with cheesy feet syndrome.

😛

craigxxl
    Free Member

I had seen him all over the place, those sandals must have clocked up a fair few miles. Always a pleasant man , hope he found what he was looking for.

andycs

Saw him a lot as a kid growing up in Bradford in the 70s. We all called him the mad monk.

Scapegoat

Shame indeed. I last saw him on Bradford Rd Huddersfield about ten years ago, and the time before that he was in Halifax. What a character.

racefaceec90

have just read the link about him (as i haven’t heard of the gent before).

he sounded like a genuinely nice and kind man.

as said above i hope he finds what he was looking for and r.i.p 🙁

senorj

Local character near us recently passed away , He used to say “the best of luck” to all he passed.

sparkyrhino

RIP used to see him all over the place from time to time.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I’ve never been to Bradford so have never heard of him, but isn’t it great when people can bring a bit of sunshine into your life with nothing more than a smile and a wave.
    So, in spite of never having met him, I hope he does RIP

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘RIP 'Jesus Man'’ is closed to new replies.