Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • RIP 'Godfather of E'
  • slackalice
    Free Member

Good bye and thank you for your curiosity Mr Shulgin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-27676669

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Indeed 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Never actually heard of him till now but he’s been an inspiration.
    That’s for sure.

shermer75
    Free Member

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tv1_epNEK5s[/video]

duntstick
    Free Member

Drug culture …….inspirational, innit 🙄

shermer75
    Free Member

You look good in that photo Dunstick. New hat?

somafunk

Indeed…rip “Sasha”, when i heard the news yesterday the first thing i did was ring round a few friends and start organising a beach party – we’re gonna send him off in good style.

At a conservative estimate from the early 90’s through to early/mid noughties i must have gobbled 1000’s of the lovely…lovely little things….doves…crowns…mitsi’s etc…etc… It’s not the same now, haven’t been near one for 8 years due to impurities and gaw’d knows what they’re made with but i do like decent crystal MDMA when i feel the need.

I bought Pihkal & Tikhal back in the 90’s and they’re one of my more thumbed heavyweight pharmacological texts, fascinating trip reports on hundreds of different substances.

One of my prized possessions is a hand written letter i received from Sasha back in the 90’s, i wrote to him when i was caught with a personal amount of MDMA asking him if he could provide me with a suitable response to use in my court case but thankfully it never went to court due to a police cock-up.

Anne Shulgin will be lost without him………

somafunk

Here is tribute to Shulgin by a mate 100mg of MDMA by Mike Hulme

There’s a video somewhere as well but i can’t find it, youtube prob took it down.

teasel
    Free Member

Drug culture …….inspirational, innit

Showing your ignorance of the drug in question there, fella.

Last paragraph…

Prof David Nutt, professor of neuropsychopharmacology at Imperial College London and a former government adviser, said fewer young people might have died from recreational drug toxicity if society had “listened and learned from Shulgin rather than tried to suppress his knowledge and ideas”.

Indeed

slackalice
    Free Member

I’m with you Somafunk!

Duggan

I can endorse all of the above though I don’t think that Shulgin was particularly enamoured with the party culture thing that much. But nevertheless.

These threads are always good for outing the narrow minded STWers who I can make a note to avoid and discount all their opinions in the future.

Pigface
    Free Member

These threads are always good for outing the narrow minded STWers who I can make a note to avoid and discount all their opinions in the future.

Oh the ironing 😆

GrahamS

I thought he was called Ebeneezer?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFJdUJg4wOk[/video]

teasel
    Free Member

Oh, I dunno. I find even though some folk are narrow minded in some areas, they demonstrate the opposite on another topic.

And you have to give folk a chance to be educated regardless of age. Ignorance is the real issue…

Duggan

Oh the ironing

Can you expand on that, or do you just have tourettes?

Duggan

Oh, I dunno. I find even though some folk are narrow minded in some areas, they demonstrate the opposite on another topic.

And you have to give folk a chance to be educated regardless of age. Ignorance is the real issue…

I’ve no problem with people with different opinions on this particular topic, just the judgemental way in which they are delivered. I don’t think that’s particularly hypocritical.

slackalice
    Free Member

Regardless, it’s all about the LOVE! 😀 8)

teasel
    Free Member

just the judgemental way in which they are delivered

I agree but we all can be cocks at some point. No point in sniping to prove your point – all in my opinion. Which is just today’s opinion. Tomorrow’s opinion may differ…

teasel
    Free Member

Regardless, it’s all about the LOVE!

Acme, brother, Acme. Or something…

8)

traildog
    Free Member

I can often be difficult to express yourself on a forum and as such opinions can come across as over judgmental. You should keep an open mind in all areas.

The fact that we have been totally indoctrinated with the message that all drugs are bad and evil then it is likely that people will have some very strong opinions on this subject.

D0NK

In some cases, people have died from taking ecstasy.

from BBC article, hmm has anyone ever ODed on E? Thought it was generally related* stuff not that actual MDMA

Quick google for ecstasy mortality brought up this balanced website, fun!
    http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/ecstasy/scientific-information.html

*eg some shite mdma was mixed with, other substances imbibed etc

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Rave, rave against the dying of the light, I presume…

Edukator
    Free Member

A bit of DuckDuckGoing suggests the risks are there but very low. 5% of French and British 16 year olds have tried ecstasy and the death rate in France is stable at about 4 per year. Those that die are from the very small number of people that have a low tolerance to the drug. A risk comparable with taking paracetamol then.

Edit: following links confirms that in the deaths that are entirely attributable to ecstasy there is little or no dose correlation. Of that 4 a year, in about half the deaths the ecstasy was just one of the substances injested.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘RIP 'Godfather of E'’ is closed to new replies.