Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • RIP Cilla Black
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Died in her sleep it would seem.

No official cause of death as yet.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Surprise Surprise

Pigface
    Free Member

Classy

peteimpreza

Source of this news?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Guilty LOLs there.

Shame, 72 is young!

johndoh
    Free Member

Guilty LOLs there.

Me too. Oops.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Loved Cilla….what a shame!

She only said recently she didn’t want to keep going for much longer too. She was still missing her beloved Bobby I think.

DezB
    Free Member

She was my first love

scotroutes

There’s a few women round here missing the boaby too.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

another celeb dies after a long career peddling myths , suprise suprise indeed….

mikey74
    Free Member

If there was one person who summed up the pointless banality of the majority of light entertainment, it was her.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

its not pointless though mikey -its designed to soothe and normalise existing status quo– so all who sell their souls in that mire , are guilty by association -particularly those who go at it with glee– endorsing thatcherism etc……

lemonysam
    Free Member

Well this got mean spirited fast.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

not really– you want to fawn over celebs thats your issue–i dont

DezB
    Free Member

If you want to be a cock that’s equally up to you.
    I personally don’t waste my time commenting about celebs I’m not interested in.

chewkw
    Free Member

derek_starship – Member

Died in her sleep it would seem.

If that is the case then it is a good death.

RIP

rOcKeTdOg

Sad, she said she wanted to retire disgracefully, let’s hope she did.

Pointless negative comments aren’t needed, she entertained many & was a break through female artist who seemed to be real rather than manufactured. As it was when she was at her peak you didn’t have to listen then & you don’t now

oldgit
    Free Member

Sad news.

Posted up on Facebook a few days ago about her. I for one thought she was cool, and kind of liked that almost brotherly sisterly thing with the Beatles.
    Her back catalogue is a pretty good sixties soundtrack.

Don’t think she was too happy about going into light entertainment back in the day, but the powers that be were strong.
    Just seemed a nice person that gave me some sounds I really like, and did me no harm so I’m sad at the news.
    I’m sure if she had suffered for her art then more would be saddened

RIP

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s sad that she’s dead, but she was a knob. A professional ‘scouser’ who lived in the home counties for most of her life and was an avowed Tory. Not much love for cilla up here amongst people younger than her. She was still banging on about ‘Scottie Road’ in later life. I’ll bet she’d not even set eyes on the place for over 50 years. Considering its one of the very poorest places in the UK and she’s capitalised on it throughout her career, maybe she should have tried to help some of the people round there once in a while.

iolo
    Free Member

I think Cilla was amazing. Maybe too much for a heterosexual but I also love Eurovision Song Contest.

The following is in the best possible taste:-

Cilla Black arrived at the pearly gates.
    St. Peter asked
    “Now what’s your name and where do you come from?”

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykd7172CUeA[/video]

I can’t get the like to work from my iPhone. Can someone fix it for me? <mod edit: fixed>

Rest in peace love, you had a great life.

loddrik
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/ykd7172CUeA[/video]

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m not usually one for speaking ill of the dead – but I know people who’ve had to suffer her company and she wasn’t the person you saw on TV, mean, bad tempered and egotistical.

mt
    Free Member

I see we are surprising ourselves with the level of common decency here.

Many a good song from Cilla, a woman of here time.

drlex
    Free Member

Well this got mean spirited fast.

Yup. She brought happiness/pleasure to millions, yet because she wasn’t Mother Theresa, there’ll be rejoicing in some places. Thanks for the memories, Priscilla White, and farewell.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

“Yup. She brought happiness/pleasure to millions, yet because she wasn’t Mother Theresa, there’ll be rejoicing in some places. Thanks for the memories, Priscilla White, and farewell. “

no rejoicing , but remember that when you trample people in your quest to climb the greasy pole of ‘fame’ –not all will mourn your passing –as has been said , there are more to these folk than a media image–remember jimmy ?

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve never been a fan and also heard she was unpleasant IRL, but comparing her to Jimmy Saville is a bit much innit?

😯

rudebwoy
    Free Member

the point is not comparing -but the uncritical acceptance of all things celeb my so many, leads and perpetuates abuse of status/power for self serving toadies….

iolo
    Free Member

Good god there’s idiots on stw.

project
    Free Member

It’s sad that she’s dead, but she was a knob. A professional ‘scouser’ who lived in the home counties for most of her life and was an avowed Tory. Not much love for cilla up here amongst people younger than her. She was still banging on about ‘Scottie Road’ in later life. I’ll bet she’d not even set eyes on the place for over 50 years. Considering its one of the very poorest places in the UK and she’s capitalised on it throughout her career, maybe she should have tried to help some of the people round there once in a while.

Sad when anyone dies, but did she really do anything for the people of liverpool she was born with on Scotland road, now slowly being demolished and rebuilt or grasSed over.

Some will miss her for her cheery plastic scouse banter, and some will not miss a very rich tory voting southerner.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

totally agree project –really find it hard to understand how folk want to defend these proffesional toadies ……fooled i guess…

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

she was good at what she did. That’s basically all i know.

Tarah chuck RIP.

ninfan
    Free Member

did she really do anything for the people of liverpool she was born with on Scotland road, now slowly being demolished and rebuilt or grasSed over.

Perhaps surprisingly, the Liverpool of the early sixties could be a rather rough and distasteful place, especially the club scene, and a lot of people were glad to get away from the place, never to look back…

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

Same old people with the same old stupid negative posts . If only I knew how to quote via phone .RIP Cilla , always seemed so happy.

derek_starship
    Free Member

There are some bloody nasty pricks on this forum..

She made a lot of money doing something that she and millions of people loved.

What a fantastic and varied life.

Why should she give a toss about Scottie Rd? I don’t give a second thought to some of the crap
    Places I’ve lived. Why would Cilla have?

RIP darlin’.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Blimey loddrick, only just worked out the link

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/katie-hopkins-sparks-outrage-mocks-6181275

I’ll go and spend the fiver now.

Not the classiest post there.

yunki
    Free Member

That bloody dentist has been up to no good again

onlysteel
    Free Member

My abiding memory of Cilla is her appalling Cilla Black Show in the early ’70’s, dedicating ‘Something tells me something’s going to happen tonight’ to ‘our lads’ in Northern Ireland. Really.

bigG
    Free Member

RIP, anyone who had a heart, great song sung fantastically. Can’t knock her talent.

As for the eejits who use the forum to make points they’d never have the ability to make without the anonimity of the internet forum. You sad sad little men. Have some respect for someone’s passing?

G

jamj1974

As for the eejits who use the forum to make points they’d never have the ability to make without the anonimity of the internet forum. You sad sad little men. Have some respect for someone’s passing?
    G

Which, ironically enough you have just done too. Do you feel diminutive and miserable now?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘RIP Cilla Black’ is closed to new replies.