Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • RIP Bottom bracket – what to replace it with…?
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

So, stock GXP BB on my Bontrager (Truvativ) crankset is deceased (well, not for off…)
    What to replace it with?
    Seems the options are short – pretty much replace it with what's there for £23'ish notes or am I missing other options?
    ta
    Chris

steve_b77
    Free Member

You can get a Hope one with inserts I think

Or any other one with the inserts should work.

I'm sure someone will be along to confirm in a minute

marsdenman
    Free Member

Cheers Steve – had hoped that I would not have to go with 'stock' replacement as, being honest, the original has not seen that much action so not too happy to see it go….

*goes off to look up 'inserts' on the hope site…*

Pieface

I splashed £50 on an Acros last August bank holiday which ahs been sweet as a nut, apart from a bearing service in the spring.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Cheers pieface – looked them up and it seems Wheelspin are the UK suppliers and they are on my route to work – well, they are tomorrow… 😉

knott4me
    Free Member

acros for me simply brillaint.also the guys at balfa are top people.

also using a hope but its only weeks old & came fitted to the new bike.

jamie@balfa
    Free Member

Wheelspin are indeed a large Acros stockist but are not the UK supplier.

Unfortunately Acros do not yet make a Truvativ compatable BB. It is in development but due to the pants over excessive way the Truvativ crank clamps up, they arent happy with the bearing life it's giving out. Its a common problem with all Truvativ cranks & they want to be 100% sure they can still offer the same 2 year bearing guarantee in this as all the other BB's.

J

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘RIP Bottom bracket – what to replace it with…?’ is closed to new replies.