• This topic has 41 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by deker.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Riots tonight
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Place your bets, pretty nihilistic post but people seem very angry in Dalston, Hackney.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The more people gathered in one place, the lower the average IQ…

darrell
    Free Member

errr whats happening?

he says from Norway and never even heard of Dalston

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

footflaps

and never even heard of Dalston

Didn’t he play 007?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Troll ? Or “is way serious innit…like”?

Unlikely IMO, Tottenham/Shhoters Hill then possibly.

Dalston though? Hipsters bought HebtroCo molies and are now too fat to wear them??

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Saw a FB post, someone was getting chased by police. Stuffed a bag of something in his mouth whilst getting arrested. Swallowed it, died.
    Most of that part of London decided the right reaction to this would be to steal, throw missiles and generally be violent, more so towards police.

binners

I’m absolutely amazed that Chelsea hasn’t been torched yet? I thought it was a given, because of the shambolic, disengaged, uncaring reaction of the authorities to Grenfell

Seems its ok to cause the deaths of 80 innocent people, then act like its a minor inconvenience, but woe betide if if you accidentally bump off a drug dealer

slowoldgit
    Free Member

From the Grauniad linky, right at the bottom, in case people may not read that far…

The Charles family have re-issued a statement first released on Monday, which called for calm. The statement said: “We appreciate all support, but any hostile actions or other events, at this stage, that may risk detracting from our current cooperative engagement with the IPCC and Met police is unwelcome.”

MrSmith
    Free Member

Some kids just want new trainers and an X-box, nicking them under cover of a riot is better than paying for them.

spekkie
    Free Member

Just read the BBC news report on the initial incident and it says he “appeared to put his hand up to his mouth”. . . . .

😉

enfht
    Free Member

Seems its ok to cause the deaths of 80 innocent people, then act like its a minor inconvenience, but woe betide if if you accidentally bump off a drug dealer

Be warned, this is what happens to your brain when you eat too many pasties. #binnersbollocks

codybrennan
    Free Member

There’s a row going on, 26.7 miles from Slough?

comfyman
    Free Member

Seems its ok to cause the deaths of 80 innocent people, then act like its a minor inconvenience

My understanding was it was a fire that started by accident. I must be thinking of a different Greenfell

El-bent
    Free Member

Seems its ok to cause the deaths of 80 innocent people, then act like its a minor inconvenience

Be warned, this is what happens to your brain when you eat too many pasties. #binnersbollocks

Careful Binners, Tories like doing those sort of things, they and their followers just don’t like to get caught doing it though.

devash
    Free Member

“He was a good boy, getting his life on track, aspiring rapper, went to church every Sunday etc etc etc.”

The system is certainly stacked against some communities, but is smashing up your own neighbourhood over a drug dealer who most likely died because he swallowed his stash the answer? Look what Martin Luther King accomplished with passive protest. This Black Lives Matter stuff needs to take note.

El-bent
    Free Member

The system is certainly stacked against some communities, but is smashing up your own neighbourhood over a drug dealer who most likely died because he swallowed his stash the answer?

According to the BBC, the mayor of Hackney has said the trouble makers came from outside the borough.

mikey3
    Free Member

Rain stopped play?

Northwind

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVk_27qMAaE[/video]

MrSmith
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry about rioting unless you live next to a branch of FootLocker or PC-world/Currys. For some reason looters rioters like to use these symbols of capitalist/elitist oppression as outlets for their anger.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Stuffed a bag of something in his mouth whilst getting arrested. Swallowed it, died.

A full bag of basmati rice ?

binners

I was thinking wasabi peas

zippykona

Give peas a chance.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

binners – Member
    I was thinking wasabi peas

Da yoot dem all up in yo grill and fightin in da streetz, yagetmefam?

gordimhor

Sorry Codybrennan. I don’t have any beer and I’ve been off the fags for years now

frankconway

Some way short of a riot.

kimbers

I see the rightwing press are making the most out of it, with their usual line of attack

vs what was actually said…

we know which one the ‘im not racist but types’ will remember as fact next time they are discussing Abbot

enfht
    Free Member

Hahaha yes nobody mention the slomo train wreck that is Dianne Abbott. Her stupid gob just keeps on bearing fruit but don’t put it in the pwess because it’s wacist. 😆

AlexSimon

enfht – Member

Hahaha yes nobody mention the slomo train wreck that is Dianne Abbott. Her stupid gob just keeps on bearing fruit but don’t put it in the pwess because it’s wacist. Blimey enfht – you’ve really outdone yourself with that one!

5thElefant
    Free Member

‘im not racist but types’

The Diane Abbot type?

jamj1974

I’m no fan of Diane Abbot but this is appalling. In this specific case she’s not said anything “stupid” and frankly I have to question the intention behind the use of misspelling.

enfht – Member
    Hahaha yes nobody mention the slomo train wreck that is Dianne Abbott. Her stupid gob just keeps on bearing fruit but don’t put it in the pwess because it’s wacist.

rmacattack
    Free Member

hey if anybody knows a rioter can they pick me up a macbook and a pair of nike.

thanks

enfht
    Free Member

“The anger and upset is understandable”

Nope not really, and her stupid comments inevitably whip up hatred and violence.

If she had any balls she’d defend the coppers trying to do their jobs in very difficult situations. Statistically there was a very good chance that the dude was carrying a weapon and pinning him to the ground was entirely justified.

Calling out the wascist pwess is ludicrous.

stumpyjon

#binnersbollocks I’m liking that, as good as #jambafacts.

As for Diane Abbot, there’s never a good reason to be hurling rocks and petrol bombs at police, saying anything that could be construed as supporting this which us what she did is not going to end well.

All this slagging of the right wing press is sounding very Trumpesque.

Northwind

That’s literally the same trick that was used by racists on Bernie Grant after Broadwater. Some things never change…

HungryHungryHippo

Sometimes I feel I’m living on a different planet.

Nope not really, and her stupid comments inevitably whip up hatred and violence.

Wasn’t Diane Abbot just trying to get everyone to calm down? That’s how I read it.

I feel the Daily Mail are the ones trying to whip everyone into a frenzy. But they’re not being racist (has anyone actually accused them of that?), just their normal nasty selves.

I could have it the wrong way round – like I say I’m amazed that two people can see the same events and interpret them completely differently. Seems to be the way things are going at the moment.

jamj1974

That’s sounding like ‘fake news’ Stumpyjon…

finephilly
    Free Member

The statistics aren’t good for that area. Something like three deaths in custody over a month. Ironically we all know British cops to be generally above reproach.

CountZero

The statistics aren’t good for that area. Something like three deaths in custody over a month. Ironically we all know British cops to be generally above reproach.

Slightly more so than the average American police officer, I don’t recall a woman in her pajamas being shot dead in the street by a police officer through the open window of his police car after she called 911 to report a suspected rape, and he reportedly ‘heard a noise’, and then refuses to speak to anyone as to why he shot her.
    Just one of many recently.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Riots tonight’ is closed to new replies.