Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Riots in the northern part of Ireland
  • sv

I will switch of ‘troll mode’ 😉 Sorry DD if you were offended earlier, I was carrying on in the nature of the trolling thread.

Many complex issues invloved in most of NI. We havent yet sorted out the victim/truth commission, some of the MLAs at Stormont may not want to face the past.

With regards the rioting it was due to the some loyalist crimes being investigated by the Historical Enquiries Team. They feel as if they are being targeted and the Nationalists (inc some Sinn Fein MLAs) aren’t. So they kick off a bit of rioting. It really is a tiny bit of Belfast that has seen trouble for many years, so not really rioting across Northern Ireland.

Although if the proposed ban on cycling on NI forestry land comes into force there will be one hell of a riot 😉

yunki
    Free Member

I always like to give someone a chance to make a grovelling apology before reporting his or her post

tell tale tit..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

yunki, I was simply trying to goad sv into continuing to post.

What was the ****?

binners

It amazes me that with voices of moderation and inclusion like Ian Paisley there’s any trouble there at all.

Did anyone see the recent programme on Channel 4 about the marching bands in Belfast? It was utterly depressing. The sectarianism is utterly endemic, passed down, unquestioned, from generation to generation. You wonder when watching that whether there will ever be an end to it

sv

simply trying to goad sv into continuing to post

Troll of a troll on a trolling thread 😆

BTW there wasnt any tales told as far as I am aware. I was just showing how simple it could be to flare issues up about NI.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You could say that. As you’re aware, I didn’t report. I only ever report spam or blatant sporting spoilers 😉 You did insult an entire nation of people tbf – through ignorance though, which is why I didn’t report it.

yunki
    Free Member

What was the ****?

it wouldnt post the word I that I requested so I posted the pic to illustrate the point..

my gran used to have a rhyme to go with the insult but it was a bit offensive and might have gotten the thread reported.. 😕

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh right, the pic isn’t coming up for me. Just as well I’m feeling immune to casual insults today.

sv

You did insult an entire nation of people tbf

At least I can take something positive away from this morning 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If that kind of thing is what makes your day matey, then knock yourself out.

project
    Free Member

Sadly some people dont get it, The uk invaded the island of ireland, and set up an english county there governed from england,that requires a lot of subsidy, and an army prescence, so how would people feel if geramny had took over east anglia, but then we did have 2 wars with the germans to stop them.

Alos strange that some result to insults , just like children do at school, when they just cant think out of the box,or just perhaps its a padded cell with internet access.

LOL.

sv

Project that’s all history, how would you fix it now and for the future?

project
    Free Member

Move the english ones back to england and send the Irish back, sadly id loose a lot of irish freinds.

Just like a home swop.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

sv, don’t confuse what project just wrote with “history” 🙂

project, seriously dude, I’m not going to insult you, but you need to get a few facts right. Your little potted history isn’t quite all there!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Sadly some people dont get it, The uk invaded the island of ireland, and set up an english county there governed from england,that requires a lot of subsidy, and an army prescence, so how would people feel if geramny had took over east anglia.

How do you feel about the whole Norman invasion thing. Time to kick the frogs out?

Hairychested
    Free Member

project, have a watch of “The History of Ireland”, so many facts both sides tend to get wrong… You might learn something.

trailmonkey

Project that’s all history

is it ? i’m not sure that it tallies with any account of history that i’m familiar with.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Someone’s been reading my Big Book of Bollocks again!

sv

Guys I was indulging him! So after you have sent everybody ‘home’ what would you do with the uninhabited piece of land? Oh were would home be considering ‘England’ invaded many decades ago and most of the NI population have only ever lived in NI? When do you plan to start this migration?

gwj72
    Free Member

Move the english ones back to england and send the Irish back, sadly id loose a lot of irish freinds.

Just like a home swop.

Watch out Kofi Annan, this one’s got some chops!

Project, can we get some wisdom on the Palestinian issue please? While you’re on a roll.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But I really like Bristol – and I’ve integrated really well. 😐

ocrider

The uk invaded the island of ireland, and set up an english county there governed from england

You learn something new every day on this forum. 😆

duckman

Project, that is brilliant! Now; what tyres for peace in the Middle East?

backhander
    Free Member

Someone’s been reading my Big Book of Bollocks again!

NEED COPY

seosamh77
    Free Member

Just like a home swop.You should read a bit more…you can’t solve the problems of the 6 counties by turning back history 4 or 5 centuries, that’s retarded. (plus you just going to leave the scots planters there?)

and as for why this is happening now, I’d have a guess at a loyalist power struggle, with various factions flexing their muscles.

iDave
    Free Member

project, you are the gift that keeps giving, albeit utter drivel

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Hairychested – Member

As Ernie can confirm I don’t tend to eulogise about the Irish

😕 Really ? Why can I confirm this ?

And if you can’t praise the Irish, what are you doing in Ireland ?

…….yours, Confused

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Move the english ones back to england and send the Irish back, sadly id loose a lot of irish friends.

Just like a home swop.

I thought the population swap was with the west of Scotland hence the sectarianism there. ????

Although I suspect send all the Glaswegian / Lanarkshire Catholics to the 6 counties and all the norn irish protestants to Weeigieland might not solve a great deal

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

project – Member

Sadly some people dont get it, The uk invaded the island of ireland, and ……………[loads more history lesson]

Well you obviously “get it” project………so why the need to start a thread with :

“So just what are they up to, and what do they expect to gain, it not like theyre greek and broke and going to have to make massive cutbacks”

You’re just a big trolling tease….aincha mate ? 💡

molgrips
    Free Member

The original issue was from 1200 something wasn’t it? Didn’t the Normans invade back then and install English/Norman Lords?

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Riots in the northern part of Ireland’ is closed to new replies.