Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ringwood New Forest ride.
  • bill65
    Free Member

I am planning on being in Ringwood for a couple of hours this Saturday afternoon from 2, either looking for someone to ride with for a couple of hours to show me some local single track or gpx route of a couple hours ride someone might have for a Garmin.

chojin
    Free Member

There’s Moors Valley Country Park down the road – beware the parking charges though!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Pop in and see Martin and the boys in The Forge bike shop, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Moors valley would be ok if you’ve only got a couple of hours. Only 10 minutes ride from Ringwood to avoid car parking. Easy but fun manmade singletrack loop. New Forest is much more suited to road riding than MTB.

QuadXC
    Free Member

Don`t bother going to Ringwood Forest because the FC have been harvesting trees and made a point of destroy any thing that looked like a bike track or any kind of track. b@astards
    Moors valley is ok, but the manmade singletrack is too narrow for any kind of speed, plus if you do get some speed going and slide a little off track(Like i did) you end up hitting the great big rocks they put at the side of the track and go over the handlebars!

bill65
    Free Member

Thanks for the advise guys, if your ever over my neck of the woods give me a shout, we 100s of mile of xc and single track riding.

scaredypants

Moors valley is ok, but the manmade singletrack is too narrow for any kind of speed, plus if you do get some speed going and slide a little off track(Like i did) you end up hitting the great big rocks they put at the side of the track and go over the handlebars!

That’s why it’s good fun (when empty)

karen805
    Free Member

We always park along Verwood road to avoid parking charges in Moors Valey, and head in through Watchmoor Woods bike park (quite good for an afternoons riding in it’s self, some Northshore and short DH runs to play on).

FieldMarshall

we 100s of mile of xc and single track riding.

There’s 100s of miles of singletrack and XC in the New Forest, if you know where to look.

Unfortunately none of it is legally rideable due to the byelaws.

I would think Moors Valley is your best bet if you have a couple of hours to kill. But can get busy on weekends. As suggested, parking charges can be easily avoided by parking nearby and riding in.

Was up at Ringwood forest recently. Quite shocked by what they had done. Looks like they are turning it all back to bog/marsh. Although I’m sure in time, trails will be re-established.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ringwood New Forest ride.’ is closed to new replies.