Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Ring of Steel
  • jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

What do you reckon to the security fence in Cardiff ahead of the NATO conference?

Necessary measures, or security theatre to instill fear?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/nato-summit-2014-cardiff-ring-7659971

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

😆

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Just remember this is the public’s space, not their private fiefdom to close at their whim.

And those barriers would be no use against a drone… It would be good to see them repaid in their own coin.

Pigface
    Free Member

I am hoping they surround Ringland in Newport 😆

benji
    Free Member

I’d be more pleased to hear they had enclosed the whole of wales, then filled it very full of water 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Benji post reported for genocide 😉

JEngledow
    Free Member

They are just being temporarily stored in Cardiff and will be relocated to the English-Scottish border depending on the outcome of next months referendum!

andyl
    Free Member

I’d be more pleased to hear they had enclosed the whole of wales, then filled it very full of water

England’s new water park with trail centre islands. I like your thinking 😀

epicyclo

Pigface – Member
    Benji post reported for genocide

Whales can swim… 🙂

colonelwax
    Free Member

I am hoping they surround Ringland in Newport

I used to work in the Library in Ringland, was a bit odd being overlooked by the Celtic Manor. Can’t have been the nicest view for the golfers.

And my experience of the youth of Ringland is they’d probably nick any unmanned barriers!

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d be more pleased to hear they had enclosed the whole of wales, then filled it very full of water

It’ll probably spring a leek.

willard

Is the outrage due to the fence’s purpose, or just that it was not made of carbon fibre or titanium? I mean, steel is just so last century…

marcus7
    Free Member

yeah but if you electrify it it then it comes “alive” 8)

footflaps

I much prefer this Ring of Steel:

LoCo
    Free Member

England’s new water park with trail centre islands. I like your thinking

Meh, house halfway up the mountain, just the riught level and will be able to moor the company superyaght outside the front door 😛

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure you could just build the wall and wait for the rain to do the rest.

project
    Free Member

Obviously going to be recycled for use in Rotherham for all those failed staff to be put in while the rest of all shout “[WHY DIDNT YOU DO SOMETHING” at them

matt_outandabout

Footflaps – Steall, Ring of Steall. X

CountZero

lemonysam – Member
    I’m pretty sure you could just build the wall and wait for the rain to do the rest.

*Like*

mamadirt
    Free Member

I work in Ringland – lots of green areas, woods to ride your bike, what’s not to like? Be interesting trying to get into work next week but I’m more concerned that Wentwood forest will be off limits 👿

Pigface
    Free Member

Mamadirt the Open Hearth for starters 😆

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ha ha, remember going to a party there back in the 80s . . . can’t remember leaving 😆

CountZero

Necessary measures, or security theatre to instill fear?

Instill fear into whom?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

(Hides behind sofa)

gwaelod
    Free Member

I ride past it every day. Its great..its cut down the traffic in cardiff city centre massively, and effectively created segregated bike infrastructure along some of the car infested streets. Proves they can install proper bike space if they want too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

can’t really see a problem unless you really really want to get up close and personal with a larger number of military people from NATO. Chalk up as one of those things, if you are the sort of person who wants to get in there and ruffle a few feathers then think again. As for everyone else just get on with it. Most business people in Cardiff will probably appreciate the extra income from all of these people coming to visit (and associated press) even the best die hard nut jobs will need to eat something while planning their dirty protest.

zippykona

Is not to stop their cars getting nicked?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Ring of Steel’ is closed to new replies.