Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Rim options for 29er Plus
  • tootallpaul

Morning all…

What are the options out there for a 29er plus rim?

Seen the Dually and the Surly- what else?

Anything else a little more “budget”?

Cheers,

Paul

nedrapier

There’ll be the Stans Hugo soonish. Don’t know about pricing, though.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Are the Alex D50’s and D35’s available to general sale?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Hugo’s are £110 (when they get here next year)

CheesybeanZ

I think Tazzy has a velocity 35 on the front of his Stooge .

BillOddie

Velocity Blunt P35 at 75quid are about the cheapest but they are on limit of acceptable width.

I’m building some 29+ wheels in the near future and I think Duallys will be my choice.

Stans Hugos have slipped to “Feb” (so in reality March/April).

tazzymtb

dominator rims if you want big and cheap 42mm double walled and you can drill big old holes in them to get them lighter was the go to big rim when kris holm unicycles weren’t available. look on unicycle.com £30-40.00

tazzymtb

P35’s are fine with a 29×3 tyre, as are stans arch EX. 😀

boxelder

as are stans arch EX.

I only find narrow rims and fat tyres a pain on rear wheel. I know tyre profiles may be compromised, but not keen on ‘square’ profile front tyres anyhow.

Clobber
    Free Member

I think I would try these Nextie 50mm Carbon for my next wheels, running dually at the moment though with no issues

guitarhero
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of those Nextie rims on order. Definately not a budget option though.

eddie11
    Free Member

To be honest if you are looking at budget then if look somewhere else than 29+ full stop. Once you get rims, tyres ain’t cheap and only about 3-4 frames exist that take the tyres front and rear and non of those are mainstream or cheap. So basically sod it and buy the duallys 😉

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Light bike 35 mm carbon beadless here, Maxxis Chronicles work a treat tubeless on them and just over 400g a piece.

BillOddie

To be honest if you are looking at budget then if look somewhere else than 29+ full stop.

This!

Wheels and tyres for my Krampus build will be getting on for 370quid and thats getting them build by a mate AND using a set of hubs from the spares shelf!!!

tootallpaul

I’m thinking the Velocity Blunt P35 is my best option.

At least they give me the option of running “normal” tyres as well, that way I can pop the Schwalbe Marathons on if I’m on more of a road based tour.

Looking for versatility for the build as well.

steve_b77
    Free Member
    tootallpaul

MD50’s look interesting- who is the UK importer? I can’t find anything on the website.

BillOddie

I don’t think have one, tend to be OEM or shops source direct from Taiwan, which is a faff so most don’t bother.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Rim options for 29er Plus’ is closed to new replies.