Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Rillington Place
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Tim Roth is superb as Reg Christie, very creepily believable.
    Thing is, how on earth did he hide so many bodies without anyone noticing? Surely the smell would have been horrendous?

johnners
    Free Member

Don’t know about Christie, but Nielsen kept some body parts from one of his victims in a bin liner which he put it in a wardrobe. It’s alright though, he put an air freshener on top of the bag to mask the smell. Quite the optimist.

binners

Tim Roth as an evil Alan Bennet? What’s not to like? 😀

Quality TV!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Tim Roth as an evil Alan Bennet? What’s not to like?

Excellent !

I could not believe there was not a thread. Outstanding TV. As above creepy as hell.

From what I understand bodies smell really bad for a while (guts) but then that smell goes away. Dried/cured meat doesn’t smell.

Sonor
    Free Member

Thing is, how on earth did he hide so many bodies without anyone noticing? Surely the smell would have been horrendous?

Competing smells I would think.

My parents were Children around there at the time. One of my grandfathers worked in the factory at the end of the street. All that housing was pulled down in the 1970’s.

Ambrose

An old colleague lived next door to Neilsen at the time. She said it wasn’t a nice time at all.

choppersquad
    Free Member

As said above, I found the whole cast amazing.
    Also an honourable mention must go to the set builders who managed to make everything feel fittingly grim and period perfect.
    More three part dramas like this needed please.

hairylegs
    Free Member

More three part dramas like this needed please

Absolutely excellent. Recorded it and watched it as a box set back to back … brilliant way of watching it!

What are the collectives recommendations for similar things to watch?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

an honourable mention must go to the set builders

Who have now scuttled off and are wasting their talents on the Call The Midwife Xmas special.

Not all period dramas are worthy

warton
    Free Member

agreed, excellent TV.

I couldn’t take my eyes off the last episode, Tim Roth was outstanding.

pedlad

Another vote here. I’m not usually a sensitive soul but that spooked the hell out of me!

senorj

Bravo BBC.

theotherjonv

By far the scariest villain I’ve seen on tv for a long time. Really creeped me out.

I’d read a bit previously, mainly about Evans / the miscarriage (and the fact that he’s STILL only been pardoned, never had his conviction reversed) so was aware of the broad parts of the plot but still found it compelling.

avdave2

Also an honourable mention must go to the set builders who managed to make everything feel fittingly grim and period perfect.

Who made everything look like we imagine it looked like then is what you actually mean. Did anyone else not notice the new tenant ripping away wall paper made to look like it had been up for half a century to reveal a body showing virtually no signs of decomposition. Even when the builders came in they managed to leave everything looking as if it were older than when they started! Talented set builders indeed but totally misdirected by a design team who I guess were just wanting to give us what we expected.

Still made for very good telly though. Tim Roth was good but I think he took everything from Richard Attenborough’s portrayal of Christie in the 1971 film which is no bad thing as he was superb in that, as good and as terrifying in a very different way as he was in Brighton Rock.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Rillington Place’ is closed to new replies.