Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rigid forks recommendations please…..
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Thinking about making my old Kona Caldera into more of a rigid affair to use on road whilst im recovering from a broken humerus.
    Currently has some marzocchi 100mm trvel forks on. Looking for something cheap and cheerful to swap out for the ‘zoccis. About 440 in length…

Any ideas?

vorlich
    Free Member

I got some old Pace Carbon 29ers which are nice and comfy. Have a look in the classified section?

Exotics? £100

BFITH
    Free Member

Wasnt thinking of spending so much…plain old aluminium will do me!

suffolk
    Free Member

Pipedream Cycles do a rigid steel fork for £50ish, 450mm, or one of the Salsa jobs for a bit more.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

shimano pro carbon really good, have had some on winter bike for 2 years + now no probe

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Orange F8s? I stuck some on my old Gary Fisher frame for road riding. – really good and pretty cheap too:

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/125995.html

andyl
    Free Member

I was going to say get some carbon ones but if you just want some cheap aluminium ones I’ve got a set of black Kinesis sitting here. Tapered aluminium legs so actually not that bad for aluminium and take either disc or rim brake.

BFITH
    Free Member

How long are they andy? any photos?

miketually
    Free Member

It’s a Kona. You have to put Project 2s on it, it’s the law.

andyl
    Free Member

They are to replace a 100mm suspension fork so in the 440-445 a-c area. Had them on a kinesis frame that previously had Revs on set to 100mm and they were fine.

Paint is a bit battered but have some pics, will just see if you have an email in your profile and send em over.

nedrapier

opened this hoping to see people talking about xlites, but I have to say I wholeheartedly agree with miketually

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I have x-lites, they’re awesome.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rigid forks recommendations please…..’ is closed to new replies.