Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rigid Fork Recommendations for On One Inbred
  • Albanach
    Free Member

Anyone got any recommendations for a rigid fork for an on one inbred. The rigid fork will only be used for road/touring use. Budget £100 ish.
    Cheers

andyl
    Free Member

On One carbon – but a bit over at £130ish

Exotic carbon which is very similar but don’t know if the laminate is exactly the same so might be a bit more compliant – about £85ish

Failing that just stick on an On One cromoly and save the money for other bits.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I used a bonty switchblade on mine. you might find one second hand if you can wait 😕

letmetalktomark

Salsa Cromoto.

Under £100 and very comfortable for a steel fork.

karnali
    Free Member

pipedrea do a nice one, also there was a genesis one on the classifieds the other day looked like it would do the job

dogthomson

Disc or v-brake?

Albanach
    Free Member

Disc brake. Panniers in the futur may be a good idea as well.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve got the Salsa cromoto and Nuke Proof carbon (same as On One/exotic above), both very nice in their own way.
    Salsa if you want nice curvy looks and/or mudguards/rack.
    Carbon rigids if you want super lightweight.

I don’t really notice much difference in the ride, they’re both rigid forks. Charlie the Bikemonger has the Salsa Cromoto 445mm crown-axle in stock.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Kona Project II from the Sutra tourer bike have disc, pannier (low riders?) and mudguard eylets.

However, Kona are changing their importer so the current one has no stock and the new one can’t get anything till the hand over.

I have a set of Cotic Road Hog forks on my Chavbred commuter and they are very compliant but a touch short. I fitted a ‘plus 5’ headset to give a little more height but in reality the forks are too short (a-c is 400mm).

I might have a look at the Cromoto ones.

plumber
    Free Member

on one carbons – which are fantastic and much better than the chromo on ones

Tested down Llanberis path last August so if they manage that they are ok for anything

s
    Free Member

Do Nuke Proof come with a weight limit?

Second hand Pace RC-31’s?

Whichever you go for, I found the 440mm felt better than the 420mm.

PJay
    Free Member

Depending on the height you’re after the Orange F8 might be an option. It’s 450mm a-c, disc brake only. I think that it’s got mudguard eyelets but not pannier mounts.

Albanach
    Free Member

Will be buying brand new.

Would like to raise the height of the front of the bike by a wee bit as well but I’ll have to measure what is on the bike at the minute height wise. Orange F8 and Salsa 44 are the front runners as carbon may be overkill but I’ll have a think.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rigid Fork Recommendations for On One Inbred’ is closed to new replies.