Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rigid fork recommendations for Inbred
  • catfood
    Free Member

I’m turning my ss Inbred into a road/hack bike, looking for a disc specific rigid fork that’ll take a mudguard and won’t cost a fortune.

The bike is 26 inch, 130mm travel, Salsa look good but worried 440 axle to crown may be a bit short.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Go for 29er Salsa… 468mm should be plenty enough.

If still unsure buy Krampus, that is 483mm, but Salsa rides much, much nicer than Kramp…

Had both. Salsa is my off-the-peg first choice…

Cheers!
    I.

catfood
    Free Member

Thanks Ivan

catfood
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ditto – I’ve used a few rigids (Pace RC31s, Exotics, Salsas, On-Ones, Orange F7s etc) and the Salsas are the ones I keep going back to.

OCB
    Free Member

Add the ECR fork to your shortlist maybe?

I had them on my 26″ Genesis for a bit and found they suited that bike pretty well (The bike is back to doing more MTB-like duties now, so it’s back on it’s suspension forks – otherwise the ECRs would still be on it).

guglielmo
    Free Member

I’ve got a Pro XCR carbon on one bike and it’s great, really smooth, they do a few lengths too I think.

Dudie
    Free Member

Salsa do a 483mm steel fork too, the Firestarter

PJay
    Free Member

I would have thought that 440mm would be way too short (my old Inbred had an On-One 440mm rigid fork which I’m pretty sure approximated an 80mm sus. fork).

I’ve got a rigid 26″ hardtail (designed for up to 130mm forks) with a 465mm rigid fork and this feels spot on.

It’s not a personal recommendation, but I’ve heard really good things about the Singular Swift fork (470mm I think).

bennyball
    Free Member

I have exotic carbons on mine, feel good

catfood
    Free Member

Seems that no one sells the 26 Salsa Cromoto anymore anyway so the 29 at 465mm will probably be about right, clicked on one on Charlie TBM site and worked out about £83, not too shabby.

I’ll have a measure of the A to C length when sat on the bike and buy accordingly.

Thanks for all the replies, very helpful.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rigid fork recommendations for Inbred’ is closed to new replies.