Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Right…I need to lose a stone
  • simonm
    Free Member

Right, that’s it. After almost dying again at the Weekender XC race, and pretty much can’t upgrade my bike anymore to make it lighter…
    I’m going to upgrade me, so, lose the stone that I gained 8 years ago when I gave up smoking, permanently.

So whats the best methods ?

Saw it off my belly ?
    Weight watchers (or calorie controlled) ?
    Riding doesn’t do it on its own, and with young family / work difficult to get to gym (and would rather scratch my eyes out).

Jamie
    Free Member

RealMan
    Free Member

Caffeine fuelled morning rides. Take some caffeine pills, go ride at tempo for 2 hours before eating anything. Trains the body to burn fat.

Could probably google for more info.

binners

simonm
    Free Member

ta!

How is Cheryl going to help ?

geordiemick00
    Free Member

i’ve lost 6lbs in two weeks by cutting out my cola and chocolate addiction. forget diets, look at what you consume and what’s not good for you and delete.

simonm
    Free Member

So dump the two bottles of red wine at a weekend ?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Loose it over a year, so 6.3Kg / 52 = 122grammes a week.
    7700 cals of fat in a kilo
    7700 * 0.122 = 940 cals a week extra you need to burn off.
    So, run (or walk) 3 x 3 miles a week or drink 5 pints less beer a week.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Record what you eat – try myfitnesspal?
    Reduce what you eat
    Increase your exercise
    Avoid faddy diets

Good luck!

simonm
    Free Member

So dump 1 bottle of wine… that I can live with.

donsimon
    Free Member

So dump the two bottles of red wine at a weekend ?

Some would say yes, some would say no. I would say cut the sugar and go for as much home cooked as possible with lots of veg and chicken, etc.

binners

Simon

For me having a goal to work towards has helped. I’ve lost a stone since Xmas and I’m 1/2 stone lighter than I was this time last year.
    Less bread, less cakes/biscuits/puddings, generally eating less and not eating after tea (and not finishing the kids leftovers!) has helped.
    Also been riding as much as possible, often on my own, and commute by bike a couple of times a week plus weights at home 3 or 4 times a week.

Basically eat less move more. Simple.

And yeah G&T to replace the beer and wine.

simonm
    Free Member

That looks good.
    I did weight watchers 10 years ago before our wedding, and it made sense. Its just colorie counting / limiting.

It worked for 3 years, then quit smoking, piled two stone on, then managed to get a stone off that, but even after starting riding seven or so years ago can’t lose that last one.

jam-bo

ride more, eat less crap.

i’ve shed about 1 1/2 stone in the last three months by sticking to that.

Simon

Start smoking again 😉

simonm
    Free Member

🙂

binners

Have you considered a coke habit?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Si i am using http://www.fatsecret.co.uk to record what i eat, its a real eye opener. You can set a target weight and calculate how long it will take to get there. It also records exercise.
    I have lost about 1/2 a stone just by monitoring what i eat and not snacking.

Typical day now is:
    4 weetabix
    Banana
    Apple

Cup of carrot sticks
    cup of Cucumber sticks
    tin of mackerel
    pitta bread
    banana and apple

Pasta or similar
    Yoghurt
    More fruit

marsdenman
    Free Member

Lost just over a stone over 12 months, no real effort (it could, of course, have been achieved much quicker)
    Lost initial lbs mostly through doing the cooking, keeping to the Points plan thing for MrsMM.
    Got ‘stuck’ at 15st 2lbs
    So, no beers in the fridge at home (have crept back in recently though).
    Lunches – was a fully loaded sandwich, crisps (my downfall – and, not just a normal bag – McCoys = more calories) the the butty shops’s homemade cake crept in.
    Lunches now – baked beans, slice of toast (no butter) bit of grated cheese.
    Crisps = Ringo’s or similar ‘low cal’ option. No more cake / choccy.

Currently 14st 9. 14st is next target.

All that ^ was, of course, the long way of illustrating eat less (and / or better) and move more. 🙂

Really feel the benefit in my riding and it’s nice to fit into, as opposed to squeeze into, clothes 🙂

GrahamS

+1 – been doing MFP for about 20 days now and I’ve lost roughly 3 kilos and looks less “puffy”.

SamCooke
    Free Member

How is Cheryl going to help ?

Keep the picture next to your bed and burn some early morning calories before you get up

jota180
    Free Member

Try the K-E Diet

Or perhaps the tapeworm diet

Scarily, these lot are serious

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How fat actually are you??

Tracey

Ive lost 1 1/2 stone since March this year using Weightwatchers. Im now below 10 stone and back in size 10 clothes.
    Treat myself to a new bike when I hit 10 stone

simonbowns
    Free Member

Si – happy to share what I’ve learned/found worked for me. Email me at the shop and I’ll have a natter…

binners

How fat actually are you??

?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Tracey – pictures or it didn’t happen.

GrahamS

That looks good.
    I did weight watchers 10 years ago before our wedding, and it made sense. Its just colorie counting / limiting.

That’s why I like MFP. No daft gimmicks it is just honest, classic Calories In < Calories Out

Having it on your phone makes it very easy to record your food (especially as you can scan barcodes) and exercise. And unlike WeightWatchers it is completely free.

_tom_
    Free Member

Eat less shit and exercise more, it’s easy.

cat69uk
    Free Member

I’ve just lost 18 pounds in 6 weeks, gone from 14:10 to 13:6. Followed Mens Health 6 pack challenge, found it quite easy. Porridge every morning with Blueberries, mainly protein and veg. No dairy, fat or sugar. Brown rice & sweet potato the only carb you can have. 3 litres fluid, green tea which is rank!
    Go to the website for menus etc….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Eat less shit and exercise more, it’s easy.

Not for everyone it’s not. I find if I don’t eat enough shit every day then I struggle to loose weight.

donsimon
    Free Member

Not for everyone it’s not. I find if I don’t eat enough shit every day then I struggle to lose weight.

Might this depend on muscle type, how much and how often you twitch?

Tracey

Before

After

With new toy

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Indeed it might Don. I guess that until you’ve experimented with eating shit for breakfast then it’s hard to understand.

Well done that lady! Although I was a little saddened to see your ‘new toy’ was a bike as I scrolled down.

jota180
    Free Member

It depends who you are

Tracey

What about this toy

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

LOL… have you got a picture of the cute blonde riding that?

Jamie
    Free Member

have you got a picture of the cute blonde riding that?

+1

…and is she single?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Back off Jamie. I saw her first.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Right…I need to lose a stone’ is closed to new replies.