Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • Right you tools lets have a Middle Class-off!!!!!!
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Making dinner for my wife and and I noticed in the Booths organic rocket several leaves of Lollo Rosso*. Is this a warantee issue? Thankfully it wasn’t a dinner party or I’d be pursuing them for psychological trauma.

*No, really

tomhoward

I’m often extremely put out when my local (Harrogate) waitrose has run out of the salmon sushi that I’m quite fond of. They only had a (cooked) tuna equivalent.

I’ve spoken with the staff (of waitrose, not my own) about this, but things have yet to improve.

TomB

I’m going yachting in Greece next week, yaaaah!

seadog101

The choice of wine in airport lounges shows that such places are no longer the preserve of the middle class.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have two kinds of capers and both are organic

tomhoward

The choice of wine in airport lounges shows that such places are no longer the preserve of the middle class.

That, and that they allow people who aren’t old enough to drink it in, especially the ones who are too young to understand the ‘seen and not heard’ rule (even when it is explained to them) is a particular gripe of mine

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was shocked when I saw they let people wearing onsies into the lounge.
    Thankfully today when I went to my local very middle class grocer they still had the bread I like, sometimes you have to settle for something in a packet.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

You lost middle class status at “warantee”.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

We have just returned from our very middle class annual week in Cornwall. Among the usual activities, I paid a young man to give my children private surfing lessons while I sat in a cafe overlooking the beach drinking flat white coffees and occasionally peering at them through my monocular. I was disappointed when the car park attendant said he would have to put my T5 in the upper car park, because no one would see it there, would they?

Stoner
    Free Member

Just back from buying wine in the Piedmont. Didnt make it to Tuscany though.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member
    bencooper
    Free Member

Me on Twitter:

But then again:

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Pah, amateurs you lot. We have guests this weekend so I had to ask the cleaner to prepare the guest room. A car will be sent to Heathrow to pick up said guest then we are off to hawksmoor for a slap up meal.

twisty

I shuddered at the use of the raucous phrase ‘Right you tools’ and subsequent mis-spelling of ‘warranty’.

muddy@rseguy

I take issue with my colleagues for their constant missuse of the word “literally” in normal speech.I have also put croutons and sun dried tomato and olive faccacia out on my bird table (but that was only because the household staff we’re not there that day to do it)

Speshpaul

“lets have a Middle Class-off”

I’d rather not if its the same to you.

myti
    Free Member

I got very very excited when I discovered the carre foure in Moutier has a freshly made sushi counter with people of Japanese origin actually making the sushi. How come they get yummy fresh sushi in the mountains miles from the sea but on the south coast of England our supermarkets offering is confined to cooked tuna or smoked salmon. I’m properly upset by this injustice.

muddy@rseguy

Yes, but is it organic sushi?

njee20
    Free Member

Far too many exclamation marks in the thread title too. Any more than one is definitely the preserve of the working class.

leffeboy

sometimes you have to settle for something in a packet

is winning so far :). I’m going to have to find a way to use that to see who twitches

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The thread title is also lacking an apostrophe.

BigJohn

I’m a bit upset that the cage in my asparagus steamer is going rusty.

lunge

I had a lovely evening out last night with a couple (a lawyer and an accountant), we had, amoungst other things, dessert wine. whilst with them we organised the next night it, it’ll be a Port and cheese night, there will be a minimum of 4 different Ports.

skaifan
    Free Member

I live in Godalming.

si77

Middle Class?

You’re all coming across a touch soupçon “nouveau riche” for my liking.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

@ twisty, it’s called juxtaposition, we covered in a creative writing retreat in Tuscany.*

*this may not be true.

slowoldman

The thread title is also lacking an apostrophe.

Not to mention wrong forum! Anyway, can’t hang around I have to cycle to my artisan bakers and the local greengrocers for my weekly organic produce.

bigrich

I paid twice as much for recycled vintage floorboards as the equivalent new ones were.

antigee

I have to cycle to my artisan bakers and the local greengrocers for my weekly organic produce.

you need a “little man” to do that for you so you can have some me time at pet yoga

Jerome
    Free Member

Off to the opera tonight and tomorrow night with accompanying garden party. Dj ready to go. Yacht racing tomorrow morning..

aP
    Free Member

There are people who actually buy that chilled sushi?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Thursday morning for me was organic muesli and single estate coffee breakfast, then off to my morning yoga class which was followed by a pot of loose leaf Earl Grey tea before I nipped off to the theatre to collect tickets for the ballet.

aP
    Free Member

Yesterday I had to go to work because there was a problem with this week’s trust fund payment.

MoreCashThanDash

It’s this kind of nonsense threads that help me keep the petty and repetitive arguments on here in their proper perspective. 😀

(Just back from a week in a gite in Normandy, as my token effort)

onandon
    Free Member

My recent rapha delivery was so large I simply don’t have the time to try it all on.

porter_jamie

I have 2 dog walkers

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

This is all rather distasteful, very arriviste. But I guess that’s the lower classes for you!

Edric64
    Free Member

I hate it when the port is passed the wrong way after dinner

crikey
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Gabbeh rug; they’re made by nomads, which is nice.

timmys

I can’t repress my hate for scum who HKLP.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Right you tools lets have a Middle Class-off!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.