Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Right then, back to bikes. Which dropper to spend my Christmas vouchers on?
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Merry Christmas.

Here’s the dilemma – a few people have given me Stif vouchers for Christmas, for buying whatever I fancy. Their droppers are mostly KS ones. Should I go for the 100mm drop KS eTen, or the 150mm drop Supernatural? It would be an easy question to answer except the Supernatural at maximum frame insertion and maximum post extension will probably put my saddle about 15-20mm too high for me. Obviously it’s infinitely adjustable, so can be put in the optimum place, but any issues – durability etc. – with it being just below maximum extension for most of the time?

Excuse the impatience, I’ve been waiting a while for this!

somouk
    Free Member

I’d be constantly setting it too high.

I have my reverb set so at full extension its the perfect height, so push the button and let it up. No chance to get it wrong then when trying to also concentrate on getting the right gear and stuff when riding.

thegreatape
    Free Member

That’s what I assumed I would do, but the measurements don’t quite add up. They tell me they can’t get the 125mm one, which would fit perfectly. They have the 125mm Lev though, although that’s another £45 over the Supernatural.

sillyoldman

LEV is worth it for the static cable alone. Much cleaner routing, and less prone to dirt getting into the cable due to its position and protection.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Then there’s the Lev Integra……this isn’t getting easier 🙂

br
    Free Member

Put longer cranks on, and a thinner seat? 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

I’d want resetting to pedalling height to be set and forget, not set and mess about with it for a minute to get it right.

singlespeedstu

Put longer shorter cranks on, and a thinner seat?

I had to do that to get perfect seat height.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I need the padding!

singlespeedstu

Grow your legs or suck your balls up out the way. 🙂

You could even run a wire the the seat rails to limit the height.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Or I could interpret the instruction ‘top up your vouchers to get your seatpost’ on the label of Mrs TGA’s token present (charity bog roll if you’re interested) fairly loosely and get the Lev?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Have a word with stiff. As they’re the importer, they might be able to limit travel like you would with a fork.

If you can get inside, you can put a spacer in.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Are they the importer? Odd that they cannot get the 125mm Supernatural then?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Stif/jungle. Used to be one and the same. I assume they still are.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Think you’re right, same address

Trekster

Lbs has been waiting on my Integra for a few weeks 🙄

JoeG
    Free Member

Get the Lev!

Fixed routing means no dirt/mud gets into the mechanism like the ones with the cable going in at the top.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m leaning that way. I’m assuming that if Stif/Jungle are the importer then the Lev Integra’s they’re selling should come with the updated and non-problematic cable attachment.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I got the 125mm Lev Integra in the end. Great service from Stif, and it has the updated cable attachment/actuator. Very easy to install too, apart from the remote clamp bolt which is still under my washing machine somewhere. Only slight regret is that it looks, after all, like the 150mm would fit – more than 25mm of the lower post showing above the seatclamp – but I don’t suppose I’ll be disappointed with the 125mm!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I loved my lev. Great bit of kit and at only £45 more it’s a no brainer for me.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Right then, back to bikes. Which dropper to spend my Christmas vouchers on?’ is closed to new replies.