Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Right Move using my properties pics in other listings
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I have a property I rent out which was advertised on Right Move via the letting agent I use.

Discovered last week that right move have the pics from that advert against 3 sold properties on the same street as my property on their ‘house prices’ section.

I emailed them last week to raise this but no response yet and I can’t find any number on their website to speak to someone about it.

It’s no big deal but its a bit cheeky on their part.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Common practice. It may well be the case that the images of your property are their copyright. It will be in the small print. For example you see car adverts with a small rider of “photo of similar vehcile”

Gary_M
    Free Member

seems a bit of an odd practice. What do they gain by doing that against sold listings?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

seems a bit of an odd practice. What do they gain by doing that against sold listings?

Possibly land registry data, so the property was never on rightmove?

Gary_M
    Free Member

It was on Right Move rentals section, not the for sale section.

antigee

seems cheeky – I suspect their answer will be that somewhere in their terms and conditions for the lease section copyright of any uploaded pic’s was handed over

not saying that it is reasonable

as to motivation can only assume hold a belief that pictures rather than text are more attractive in showing potential advertisers that their for sale section works – I would guess they run an automated program that pic’s images from their files based on address – then again if these had been genuine successes would expect to have actual pictures?

seems a harmless if shoddy business practise in an industry that seems only to accountable to mammon

if really p’ed off then their registered address in MK is first hit in google and their annual report with named executives is on line

copy of email to a named director by registered post asking for a response?

badllama
    Free Member

Would not trust them as far as I could throw them, when my parent were selling they did everything in their power to put buyers off in order to try and grab the property themselves at a bargain price.

Including telling potential buyers my parent were away when they were not to stop any viewings, total scum.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Right Move using my properties pics in other listings’ is closed to new replies.