• This topic has 30 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Right, let's get this over with before Tuesday
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A squeeze of lemon juice and some caster sugar is fine, as is maple syrup. Also acceptable is some golden syrup. Tate & Lyle, from a tin, obviously.

Anything else is just rong! Rong, rong, rong.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nope, you’re rong, this with the Strawberries too.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Shop bought pancakes?

10 for a quid at Tescos.

And any of those toppings, plus OJ and sugar.

lemonysam
    Free Member

maple syrup.

If applying maple syrup is acceptable then you’re making the wrong sort of pancake. Golden syrup I can accept.

gonzy
    Free Member

chocolate sauce, honey and caster sugar…rots yer teeth but oh so yummy!! 😆

sandwicheater

Chopped up hot dog and nutella. Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Lime juice preferably over lemon or real maple syrup, mmmmmmmmm. Shame they spike my blood sugar too bad to eat more than a couple. 😥

binners

Both my daughters will tell you that bikebouy is correct

slowoldman

I’m with Flash.

nemesis
    Free Member

Ham and cheese for main.

Nutella, lemon & sugar or maple syrup for dessert.

This factually correct. FACT

rp16v
    Free Member

Lemon juice and suger… Done nutella on bread.. Or a spoon

Smudger666

recipes?

My personal preference

one egg per person, one heaped tablespoon of plain flour per egg, one teaspoon sugar per egg, some milk to make it runny, beat till smooth and then into the pancake pan to make thin crepe-like pancakes.

but the wife n kids like the thicker, fluffier ones – more like the ones from dennys – link to a recipe …….this actually works very well. but they mention ‘baconalia’ as an option, which is just wrong.

jota180
    Free Member

Squeezed lemon and honey on some, Marmite on others 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Maple syrup here, or “brown sauce” as my boy calls it.

ernie67

Orange juice & sugar …..end of !

beej

Cherry pie filling and good quality chocolate ice cream (or if you’re special, my home made chocolate and cherry brandy ice cream).

Otherwise, lemon and sugar.

arrpee
    Free Member

Straight from the pan with lemon juice and sugar is my favourite.

However, if you fancy a bit of sacrilege, heat some blueberries in maple syrup until they just start to burst, then have it with your pancakes and a dod of creme fraiche on the side.

Cougar

Oh dear, is it that time again?

I have a capacity for pancakes that borders on heroic. One time on holiday with a couple of dozen people we held a pancake-eating competition. Enough were made for, well, a competition between ~25 competitors.

Most people ate one or two, three at a push. Dave (the skinniest lad in the group) and I (the second skinniest) ate The Rest. We only stopped because they ran out of ingredients.

*Burp*

jfletch
    Free Member

A pancake is basically a deliciously edible plate. Stick what the hell you want on it…

but

If you don’t have at least one Jambon Oeuf then you are missing a huge oportunity for deliciousness. FACT

Cougar

recipes?

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I’ve discovered that the perfect batter can be achieved by using equal amounts of milk, flour and eggs by volume. Crack the eggs into a jug, note the measurement and use this as your guide for the other two ingredients. Add a good pinch of salt and bosh the lot together.

You’re welcome.

brakes
    Free Member

I once had salmon and asparagus in one.
    NEVER AGAIN.
    sweet stuff only but anything goes – in the true spirit of lent it should be whatever you have in the cupboard.

lemonysam
    Free Member

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I’ve discovered that the perfect batter can be achieved by using equal amounts of milk, flour and eggs by volume. Crack the eggs into a jug, note the measurement and use this as your guide for the other two ingredients. Add a good pinch of salt and bosh the lot together.

This is the right answer. Some of the servings above sound suspiciously like baking powder might be involved.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Nutella & sliced banana. Lush

geoffj

Recipes above are good, but you defo need to let the batter stand for a couple of hours in the fridge to get the best out of it.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oh dear, is it that time again?

Breakfast! 🙂

rusty90
    Free Member

Straight from the pan with lemon juice and sugar is my favourite.

Correct, or golden syrup if you’re under 14

However, if you fancy a bit of sacrilege, heat some blueberries in maple syrup until they just start to burst, then have it with your pancakes and a dod of creme fraiche on the side.

This, and anything else like it, is a crêpe and is the first step on a journey to gastronomic hell where frogs legs and snails are considered edible

sbtouring
    Free Member

I have to agree with Nemesis, Ham and cheese is very nice. My wife got me to try it a few years ago, i didn’t really want to try it at first as i was use to having sweet fillings, but after trying it i was converted and we often have these, great post ride treat.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bacon is the answer you seek.

40mpg

Sugar and lemon. But only to hide the taste of dust after I’ve tried to beat my tossing world record. 3.5 flips to perfect flat in the pan. Most get stuck in the cable lights though 😀

kayak23

Houmous and Marmite and a little cheese.

D0NK

As others have mentioned purists go for sugar and lemon (lime sounds slightly seditious but I’ll give it a go before I knock it) if you’re accepting Maple syrup then quite frankly anything goes, nutella and banana are popular at our gaff.

Ham and egg/cheese is nice but isn’t savoury a galette rather than a crepe or pancake?

C&Ped to my recipes

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Right, let's get this over with before Tuesday’ is closed to new replies.