Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • Right. Let's get this dealt with. Next Bond.
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Didn’t the bookies stop taking bets on Hiddlestone earlier in the week? Or has something else changed?

Yes massive bet on Hiddlestone so they closed the book (previously there have been large bets on Elba but this one was much larger supposedly)

It won’t be a black actor imho as they won’t take the risk with the frnachise value, we might be ready here butnit won’t playbwell in Asia or the US in my view. Cinema in the US has plenty of black heros, James Bond is different and won’t be one of them.

Small side bet that Graig relents amd comes back for 1 or 2 more films

Caher

Emily Blunt if a woman – other than Roy Keane it had to Idris. Don’t buy the too old tag as people are aging slower.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d hate to see Fassbender playing Bond. He’s way better than that kind of shite.

wrecker
    Free Member

Fassbender doesn’t have the range 😉

jimjam
    Free Member

deadlydarcy

I’d hate to see Fassbender playing Bond. He’s way better than that kind of shite.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Like your men real tough and muscly then do you Wrecker?..

My vote goes for that Pumpernickel Bumblesquatch fella.

colournoise

Hiddleston looks a safe bet right now.

Reckon James McAvoy would be very good, but tied in to another big franchise?

Tom Hardy?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Gary Lineker

In his underoants

wrecker
    Free Member

Like your men real tough and muscly then do you Wrecker?..

It’s not about “like”, it’s about suitability. Hiddlestone is completely unbelievable. Whilst I enjoyed the hotel manager thing, he looked stupid every time it got beyond romancing the lovely blonde.
    I take it you weren’t a fan of Sean Connery? More of a Roger Moore man eh? Mind, even he had something Hiddlestone hasn’t got.
    Hardy is too rough IMHO. Need an inbetween. At least someone who has a bit of presence.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

If it leans on the books then Hiddleston.

IMHO you can’t have an Elba or Skrein as they can’t pull off “educated at Eaton” accent.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Unfortunately Bond is not Luther Idris Elba played a good part but its not Bond is it? Most are confusing the two.

dantsw13

Can we pick one from the STW mugshots thread??

darrenspink
    Free Member

This dude, Batman to James Bond? Logical progression.

seosamh77
    Free Member

elba would be a terrible bond.

pondo

Nicholas Holt.

stewartc
    Free Member

If it aint Jason Statham then I don’t want to know.

wrecker
    Free Member

Unfortunately Bond is not Luther Idris Elba played a good part but its not Bond is it? Most are confusing the two.

Same with the hotel manager dude.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It has to be Idris Elba. He can convincingly deliver Shakespeare whilst kicking ass. But Lenny Henry must be the next “M”.

If he doesn’t get the gig then there’s no justice.

robowns
    Free Member

Having watched some of Luther, i’ve concluded that Idris is a terrible actor. How can he even be in the running?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I picked Tom hardy after mad max, the role was there and the way he played it sat well with the current bond vibe.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

“The name’s Bond, James F****** Bond!”
    “Do you know who I am?”

singletrackmind

Off the wall idea but think about for a second

Craig David

Wait , OK maybe a second wasnt long enough but it is a work of genius

‘I saved the world on Monday’
    ‘Blew up the bad guys on a Tuesday’
    ‘Making love by Wednesday’

I really think the idea will fly , Kes.

spud-face

Compromise: first black bond, a huddlestone, bulky, acting ability irrelevant. Bonus ability to hoon shots from range in the vague direction of the target

jimjam
    Free Member

Idris Elba is far too street. Anyway, what’s wrong with Hiddleston out of curiosity? He seems like a solid actor, looks and sounds the part too.

slimjim78
    Free Member

The more I think about it the more I think Hiddlestone is perfect. Excellent actor, has the charm and accent, just about low key enough to make the yanks go ‘who’s this Limey? He’s neat!’ And I’m sure he can pull off the special forces trained thing pretty well – in fact it’s probably more interesting when someone who isn’t obviously hard core trained pulls kick ass moves off – pre Bourne, who’d have been confined by Matt Damon for such a role?..

Bruce Lee, widely regarded as one of the most kick ass guys ever. Was a midget.
    Doesn’t come down to physical size for me.

Elba has a certain charm, granted, but completely relies on it. Is shite at the acting bit.

mechanicaldope

Adam Sandler.

chakaping
    Free Member

If it aint Jason Statham then I don’t want to know.

He’s also too good for that kind of shite.

IHN

Mr Tumble

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Tom Hardy hopefully. Wot a man

slimjim78
    Free Member

Hardy is about 5ft2″. I draw the line at midget Bonds

jekkyl

yup Mr Tumble gets my vote, he’s a master of disguise too. He can transform into a woman, a sea captain, an old man and a posho all in the same day.

matt_outandabout

How about Ant and Dec as a double act?

Gary_C

As a previous reply, Hora is a good call.

Q: 007, what’s happened to your laser equipped watch?
    Hora: I’ve sold it on the classifides.

Q: Oh, where’s the Aston?
    Hora: I’ve px’d it for a Mondeo estate…

😀

P-Jay
    Free Member

Hiddlestone is bound to get the nod any min. I liked the Nightmanager but his character in that was a bit too Roger Moore, too plummy and a bit soft – he’d need to bulk up a lot!

jimjam
    Free Member

P-Jay

he’d need to bulk up a lot!

And why’s that then?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Found him, you can all stop looking now..

What more do you need than a master of disguise, the ability to transform when and where you like and to infiltrate into enemy lands…?

P-Jay
    Free Member

@JimJam because for a state sponsored assassin who needs to get into brawls with all manner of volcano dwelling ‘baddies’ he’s a little under weight, I’d go so far to say he’s built like a coat hanger compared to say former Mr Universe competitor Sean Connery or Daniel Craig.

DrJ

It’s been a while since I read the books but I don’t remember Bond being particularly “posh”. I though Daniel Craig was quite a good fit.

headfirst
    Free Member

He’s actually[/i] been in the SAS (special ‘ard soldiers)

jimjam
    Free Member

P-Jay

@JimJam because for a state sponsored assassin who needs to get into brawls with all manner of volcano dwelling ‘baddies’ he’s a little under weight

I imagine that’s where being an actor will come in handy. Believable looking fight scenes are probably more reliant on stunt doubles, choreography and editing than an actors muscles. I don’t think Chloe Moretz had to bulk up much for Kick Ass.

That being said if he got the part he’d had virtually unlimited resources and supplements to get into shape if it was required.

I’d go so far to say he’s built like a coat hanger compared to say former Mr Universe competitor Sean Connery or Daniel Craig.

Exhibit A: Michael “Venom” Page. One of the scariest coat hangers on the planet at the minute.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Right. Let's get this dealt with. Next Bond.’ is closed to new replies.