Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Right any one ever just loose the knack of riding all of a sudden?!?
  • Wookster

Having a shocker, been riding really well (for me) doing little jumps drops cornering wel fast and in controll any drift I could deal with etc feeling fast and confident. Booked a skills course as I thought time was right.

But all of a sudden I have just lost it, lost all sence of flow, grabbing the brakes been over the bars twice in the last two rides tonight I have really done my shoulder.

Not changed anything on the bike, trails are dry and my home routes so I know them and even going slow but really lost it any ideas?My plan so far is to keep riding and a big dose of "tryactin"/MTFU!?! 😀 doesthis only happen to me???? Mate seem a lot more consistant.

forge197
    Free Member

I have rides like that sometimes where it doesn't feel right and there is no flow, normally it's because I am tired or riding after a day at work.

Try taking a week off riding could help and will allow the injuries to sort themselves out.

jedi

before or after your skills course?

titusrider
    Free Member

when i get dehydrated i start riding shit, usally a sign i need to drink more

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Last year I started bottling steep technical rocky things, no idea why. I used to get off and walk.

A skills course with Ed O made me better though. Ed-O was great.

jedi

if it's after a skills course it can be that its still not a natural action and your thinking about what you're doing. give it time

druidh
    Free Member

I was hoping to discover the knack of riding all of a sudden.

P20

I normally find if I'm riding like a tart it's because I'm not looking far enough up the trail, not giving myself a chance.

Wookster

Agree with a lot of what yor saying here I am just thinking too much over analising it all night mare!! Its before the skills course so that may straighten me out a bit shame would have liked to go into this feeling like i'm riding well.

Thanks for the advice!!!

69er
    Free Member

Nope, I've always been sh1t.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Right any one ever just loose the knack of riding all of a sudden?!?’ is closed to new replies.