Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Right Angled Sofas
  • samuri
    Free Member

You know them sofas that do a right angle?

Are they all bolted together so the right angle is fixed or can you make them like, 120 degrees or something? I only ever see them advertised in a right angle configuration but our living room is a funny shape with quite a big bay so we want it to extend into that rather than turning at 90 degrees.

andyl
    Free Member

But then you would have a gap.

They are normally fixed somehow hut I am sure you could put some kind of spacer block in to open it out.

tinribz
    Free Member

Had one once, wasn’t fixed at all, like two sofas just pushed together.

andyl
    Free Member

Think it was an cheap sweedish one I saw fixed. Maybe it was because the legs on one side acted as legs for the other to save materials or probably just needed to stiffen it up. Never found one of their sofas I thought was comfy. More heavy duty makes might be better.

40mpg

You can get ones which are curved – with segments on the bend. Miss out a segment, and hey presto! etc

johndoh
    Free Member

You know. There are shops. They sell this shit. Go take a look.

#justanidea

samuri
    Free Member

yeah, I like asking people who have had experiences before I go and visit shops, ta.

northernmatt

No idea on the angle thing but where do you find that sofa in the picture it looks rather nice.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Yes and No! I think it all depends on design and where you get it from!

johndoh
    Free Member

Experienced at buying sofas at specific angles?

samuri
    Free Member

Someone who has experienced these things before, yes.
    There will be lots of people here who own a right angled sofa so they’ll be able to tell me if they are fixed, are just some sofas pushed together or can be changed in angle.

Matt, it was from this website. Looks terribly expensive.
    http://www.bebitalia.com/

johndoh
    Free Member

Good luck in your endeavours. I’m off to bed.

andyl
    Free Member

thinking about it again it may have been because it was a display model to stop the parts separating on the shop floor and causing someone to have an accident. I remember as it was in the bargain bin and the people buying it had a lot of trouble getting it apart.

PePPeR

The only ones we’ve had, have had locking pins that hold the two pieces together.

maccruiskeen

They’re often fixed together, depends on how heavy they are – a bigger heavier one isn’t going to wander about. Even if they are ones that fix together they’ll still be delivered in sections (otherwise they’d never get through the door) so you can still unfix them if you want.

Sometimes they’re in two parts, sometimes in three, with the 90 deg corner being its own small unit and two straights either side. In that latter instance you would maybe able to find the corner bit in varying angles, but probably as a custom option rather than off the peg, but if not, and you wanted to open up the angle a bit then one in 3 segments means you’ll at least have two smaller gaps rather than one big one

samuri
    Free Member

I reckon the corner part that creates the angle can be made in different models but they only show 90 degree ones. We’ll be going down the shops as John very helpfully suggested but obviously if anyone can confirm they have one in a different arrangement that wold be appreciated.

JoeG
    Free Member

Will any of these work?

samuri
    Free Member

awesome. I love the green snake one.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Right Angled Sofas’ is closed to new replies.