Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Riding/Drinking buddy required in Cheltenham
  • steviebates

Likeminded cyclist/drinking buddy required in Cheltenham. I’m 26 if that matters.
    Following a recent split from the fiancé of 5 years, I need to get back on the horse properly but don’t know anybody down here. I’m away in the USA till January but on my return I’m getting back on the turbo to loose the festive chub and get out on the road bike and the enduro
    Anyone interested? I figure if you don’t ask, you’ll never know right?!

jamj1974

I figure if you don’t ask, you’ll never know right?

Totally agree. Good luck! I’m sure you will find some likely people down there.

steviebates

Thanks! We shall see.
    I’m mostly looking forward to getting my fat ass back out on two wheels!

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’m in Broadway but ride ‘Nam regularly and FoD etc.
    Have quite a few mates who live and ride there too.

I mainly ride weekdays as I work most weekends or if not am visiting my kids in Salisbury.

ste_t
    Free Member

I’m moving to the area in January with work – work in Cheltenham Town centre, living in Churchdown over Gloucester way.

My main reason for moving is to be able to ride more as Nottingham is dire. Email in profile if you fancy sorting something, on or off road is all good (preferably off though!)

CountZero

My mate Sean White, who used to be at John’s Bikes, Bath, then Independent Bikes, Cirencester, is now up at Worcester Bikes, I believe, and he’s always off riding the FoD, knows all the cheeky stuff that isn’t on any maps.

edarnold
    Free Member

Hello. I’m nearby, and wanting to get out on the bike a bit more come next year. I’m moving to Winchcombe, just north of Cheltenham in April. Until recently, I was in Bishop’s Cleeve, regularly larking around on Cleeve Hill. I’ve also done plenty of riding in the FoD. Not averse to putting the bikes on the car and heading to the Welsh trail centres or the Lakes though – something a few of us try and do every now and then. Big fan of the latter, as it’s where I cut my teeth riding. FWIW I’m 29, and love Cheltenham. Working in Oxford and internationally means I see less of it than I’d like to these days. If you want to head out in the new year, give me a shout.
    -Ed

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Guys – you’re always welcome to get in touch and come on a ride: http://www.bigfootmbc.co.uk/ 🙂

steviebates

Pushbikerider – I’ll come along on one of your green loops when I get back from Florida. I’m Christmas fat, so I’ll get some turbo work in beforehand for sure! Haha.

Edarnold – give me a shout one weekend. I feel the work travel pain. If I’m around I’ll 100% be up for it. I don’t drive so I’ll ride out to wherever though!

Looking forward to getting my leg back over.
    Hope all had a good Christmas!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Riding/Drinking buddy required in Cheltenham’ is closed to new replies.