• This topic has 48 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Riding with your dog?
  • graemecsl
    Free Member

Dog rider here also, they’re the most reliable company you can keep. Every day, twice a day, constant biking companions, two of them.

DezB
    Free Member

Klaus the GSP

Yay! Hope the trailhound says Hi Klaus!

keithr
    Free Member

And of course, the owners always stop and clean up after their animals, don’t they?

DezB
    Free Member

Of course! When there are trees to dangle it from, why would we leave it on the ground?

ji
    Free Member

I take my dog out on the bike, and yes I clear up afterwards. Poop bags fit quite well into the bottle cage actually…

zomersetglider

I ride bikes regularly, I have a Springer Spaniel which I walk regularly.

Mixing the 2 pastimes together (I did it once) will result in carnage for all concerned.

Are you familiar with Springer Spaniels?

pyranha

I take our springer and cocker up Munros (and other hills locally) with the bike. The cocker likes to pull, but he’s quite focussed when I’m on the bike and tends not to be distracted by what’s around. He also doesn’t like to be left behind so if, while off lead, he wanders off, I just call him and ride away.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Mostly clear up after the dog unless he’s disappeared into the bushes. Now I do one it stays there, mostly as it’s the consistency of a runny cowpat (gluten issues and IBS) and it’s alien acid on the way out! I’m surprised the South Downs isn’t dotted with volcanoes as it’s burnt it’s way through the crust to the earths core!

Drac

And of course, the owners always stop and clean up after their animals, don’t they?

I didn’t when I use to take my old dogs out with the bikes, Dropping plastic bags into the waste management is far more harmful then leaving a poop on the ground. Around the streets I clean up yes.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Riding with your dog?’ is closed to new replies.