Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Riding with music…??
  • robinbetts
    Free Member

Does anyone ride with music??

I do a lot of snowboarding in the winter and always have my ipod on when booting down the mountain, adds some extra umph and actually makes me ride better!

But would it work for mountain biking… I’ve never thought about it before, until I saw a youtube vid of some mountain biking with a particularly good sound track and thought “it would be great to hear this coming down”.

I’m I crazy, would it be too distracting on a bike? or am I the last to know, and everyone already does it?

woodey
    Free Member

“am I the last to know, and everyone already does it? “

Yep

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I always ski with music but for some reason it distracts me too much on the bike. Maybe that’s just me…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yep, but not on group rides, its just anti-social!

my ipods stuck on you me at 6 and a few other emo/pop punk bands at the moment for riding. That and LL cool J before he was shit.

haddock
    Free Member

Can be distracting on serious decents, you do miss out on hearing ‘trail’ noise – but familiar rides by myself for fitness, the i pods on. 😀

robinbetts
    Free Member

Awesome! I’ll give it a shot next time i’m out then! I’ll have to prep a playlist for a week in the lakes at the end of the month.

Think I’ll only have it on for the decents – not a whole lot of chatting going on then anyway.

I’m thinking some dnb would be good (listening to a High Contrast set at the mo).

Playlist ideas…?

robinbetts
    Free Member

Yeah, I don’t think I’d have it blasting away on anything that’s too sketch 😉

nickc

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. Never been enough of a distraction that I thought I won’t play it on certain sections of trails though

Keva
    Free Member

I don’t like it. Prefer to hear the sound of ma surroundings.

Kev

s1m0n
    Free Member

iPod on on commute to work (road or canal towpath) and when on familiar trails. When proper biking usually prefer the sound of the bike on the trail and nature’s own music.

BigJohn

But the background tyre noise makes it sound like vinyl again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Riding with music…??’ is closed to new replies.