Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Riding with fractured toe?
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I was playing in a 5-a-side football tournament at the weekend and have come away with a purple and swollen big toe. possibly fractured, going to ring the doctor tomorrow.

Should I go for a bike ride tomorrow evening?

A friend is telling me to man up and take the pain killers whereas another side of me is telling me it'd be a bad idea.
    Trail riding around cranham if anyone is curious. Not too heavy going but I still wouldn't want to take the descents slowly!

any advice?

scaredypants

stiff-soled shoes with enough room for a swollen toe ?

I'd have thought easier on your toe than walking but might hurt a bit and have a get-out plan if it gets very sore

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ride.

Carefully.

Edric64
    Free Member
    dirtbiker100
    Free Member

no edric – i don't… ha ha

shoes are 5.10 low impact so can ride with weight in centre of sole and not balls of feet. I can fit into shoes quite happily, only minor swelling hence the "possible" fracture.
    rode to tesco just now and it felt fine although thats flat roads and not rooty trails.
    i think its a go-er

maxray
    Free Member

I would man up! I did similar playing 5 aside a few months ago. Couldn't walk the next day but strapping, pain killers an freeze spray got me through 5 aside for the coming 4 of 5 weeks. Not sure what I did but still have a black line growing out on my big toe. It is surprising how much a toe injury can hamper normal day to day stuff.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Not sure what I did but still have a black line growing out on my big toe. It is surprising how much a toe injury can hamper normal day to day stuff.

hence deciding that asking a doctor might be an idea.
    but i'll still man up for tomorrow 😀

Toenails a bit minging in this pic, however – it was a couple of weeks before I could even walk on this properly. Did it approx 6 weeks ago and it survived a weekend at Fort Bill recently – never strapped it or anything, but it doesn't have any strength still, albeit it doesn't hurt any more. Not my horrible bedspread either by the way.

maxray
    Free Member

Lol very true.:D

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

fair bit worse than mine but same sort of colouring

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

complete with blister from wearing flip flops too much in this fine weather 😀

infact that looks fairly pathetic compared to yours artist 🙁 i'll definitely man up now ha ha

guido

It is surprising how much a toe injury can hamper normal day to day stuff.

+1

I broke my left big toe playing football on May 7th (mums birthday)a few years ago and couldent really play again till the next May. Then on May 7th i broke my right big toe. So twice on her birthday mum had to collect me from hospital. At least it was the other foot.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Riding with fractured toe?’ is closed to new replies.