Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riding with a suspect shoulder – bad idea?
  • Yardley_Hastings
    Free Member

My shoulder has been aching a bit of late, a visit to a physio on Tuesday revealed I’d probably broken my the coracoid (?) bone, part of the collarbone, and ruptured some ligaments. Embarassingly i think i did this at the end of june via throwing myself on tarmac at speed.I’ve subsequently been referred to an orthopaedic surgeon to get it checked out. Given I’ve been riding around in this condition for 3 months is there any reason to stop now, or should I wait and see what the othapedic chap says?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Want a reason?
    How about you could come off at any speed and f*&k your shoulder up for a year or two?

Or the riding your currently doing is putting more strain on the damaged area.

If you’ve only got a few weeks to wait is it worth it fella?

Although if it was me I wouldn’t listen to a stranger on a forum and would probably keep on riding.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I couldn’t lift my left hand above my head for 2 years, didn’t hurt while riding though so I just carried on.

akak
    Free Member

Surely you could walk into a&e today and get it x-rayed?

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I broke my humerous right at the shoulder about this time last year. Was off the bike for a few months whilst it healed up plus it was over winter so timing worked out ok. The time off meant I had 95% range of movement and about 70% of my strength once I was given the ok to start riding again but even then it was just road rides. The physio had said if I had started as soon as I got my arm out of the sling I wouldn’t have had the range of movement I had, it would probably have been in the 70% region and struggled to lift my arm above my head. So the time off for me was well worth it.

taxi25
    Free Member

Does it hurt when you ride ? If not or very little I’d keep riding, but take things a bit easier. Thats me though its your choice in the end.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riding with a suspect shoulder – bad idea?’ is closed to new replies.