• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by murf.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Riding west of Inverness?
  • FOG

A mate has just been on trying to persuade me to take up a sudden vacancy on his walking groups trip to Scotland in February. He is taking his bike and I would want to ride a lot more than walk so is there enough riding based 20 miles west of Inverness to keep me going for a week? I will hopefully have use of a car but don’t want to have to drive miles every day to ride.

scotroutes

Can you be a bit more precise about the location? There’s loads of tracks and trails out that way.

Kunstler

I’m pretty certain that I could put up with the driving if I was only 40 miles away from Torridon.

FOG

Struy which doesn’t look very big but we are staying at Eckless Castle! A first for me , never stayed in a castle before.

cdaimers

Try abriachian, loads of trails and also links with the great glen way.

scotroutes

Glen Affric isn’t far away. There’s a track north over to Orrin Resr that’s on.the HTR550 route. Abriachan. Not a massive drive to the Puffer course at Contin either.

gordimhor

Err think you might be staying here.
    http://erchless-castle.co.uk/

CraigW
    Free Member

Its all on tarmac, but there’s a nice private road all of the way up Strathfarrar to Loch Monar. Starts just opposite Erchless Castle, then 25km with great scenery and hardly any traffic.

Yes, the track to Orrin is nice as well.
    Also a few forest tracks around Glenurquhart.

murf
    Free Member

I live in Drumnadrochit,there are trails aplenty over this way 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Riding west of Inverness?’ is closed to new replies.