Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Riding watch
  • jahwomble
    Free Member

Absolutely any BMW = vulgar,oikish and arriviste, regardless of model or tat hanging off it.

Usage of the word "classy", not so either.:)

juan
    Free Member

Simple, cheap and unobtrusive

and if it's anything like the cheaper thiner model… Sh2te

colnagokid

old skool TAG Formula 1 in yellow just like Sean Yates's

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Absolutely any BMW = vulgar,oikish and arriviste, regardless of model or tat hanging off it.

Unlike a "classy" X19 or "pretend" Porsche that is the 944 (turbo excepted)? Sorry, try again. Or of course a vulgar oversized 4×4 that you like to witter on about?

nickc

Another Casio Protrek. Had it for 8 years or so, seen off two batteries (use the stopwatch almost daily), and just come back from the menders with new glass and cover, good as new for £50, with another 12 months warranty thrown in.

I'd buy another Casio, but I've never needed to.

jahwomble
    Free Member

Surf mat:

A: I never said that an x19 or 944,or my 4×4 was "classy" or in any way not vulgar, please refrain from putting words in my mouth.

B:Vaguely competent,if somewhat staccato stalking

C:If you really feel emotionally and socially insecure enough that you have to defend BMW ownership, then that's not really my problem is it?

🙂

RustyNissanPrairie

habitual destroyer of watches;
    Protreks are crap-broke the left hand side 'screwed' on section twice and the sensor cover once.
    Swatch last a few months, cheap Casio's are ok but fail on the straps.
    Longest lasting watch I've ever had (and still have) is an MWC G10 infantry military watch. Can be had from £50 ish, sapphire glass, battery hatch, expandable nylon webbing strap that can be worn on the outside of winter riding jackets.
    http://www.mwcwatches.com/shop/

loddrik
    Free Member

As someone who has had stacks of BMW's, I kind of agree with point C. It's just a car..

nickc

is an MWC G10 infantry military watch. Can be had from £50 ish

and the link says £115…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Just playing you at your own game Jah.

You "stalk" me, I do the same.

You try and constantly put me down, I hit back.

Keep trying though – I'm flattered you seem to pay me so much attention our resident central London dwelling MTBer.

RustyNissanPrairie

is an MWC G10 infantry military watch. Can be had from £50 ish

and the link says £115..

£50;
    http://www.mwcwatches.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=33

nickc

Ahhh, hand wound….cheapness…

jahwomble
    Free Member

Stalk you in what way? , that's really funny, I know or care nothing about you apart from the fact that you seem defensive about owning beemers, other than that one thing, I have no interest in you whatsoever.

I'd love a history of when "I've tried to put you down" as I really don't have any recollection of that at all:)

cynic-al
    Free Member

**** me this thread is sad.

RustyNissanPrairie

nickc – Member

Ahhh, hand wound….cheapness…

quartz, handwound, or automatic, PVD or stainless finish, supernova or tritium. strong watches that do the job and last.

nickc

Like my Casio?

silvermatt
    Free Member

I don't like wearing a watch but when I sometimes use my polar heart rate monitor I fasten the watch to the bars. Use a bit of foam pipe lagging and it bulks up to the size of your wrist so the watch will tighten up. Its doesn't move and you can see it easier.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Riding watch’ is closed to new replies.