Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Riding the Tour
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Most of us enter events simply for the enjoyment factor – we’re not likely to win, but we like a challenge. It just occurred to me how cool it must be to ride the Tour. It’s truly epic, I’m finding myself pretty jealous (in a nice way) that they get to do it.

The TDR is the closest most epic thing available to me, I reckon. Which makes me wonder what a TdF rider would be like racing the TDR 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

Tour de Romandie?

crikey
    Free Member

If you get into road racing, there are a number of small stage races that you can enter, but you need a team or club to add to the experience.

I count the stage races I’ve done as really treasured memories.

RealMan
    Free Member

Unless you’re a really solid rider, expect to get spat out the back every single day.

http://www.cadencecycleracing.co.uk/rasindex.html

molgrips
    Free Member

If you get into road racing, there are a number of small stage races that you can enter

COOL! I’d love that 🙂

I’ve always fancied the Trans Rockies etc too.

jameso

Agreed. Every year I wish I’d been more into road bikes as a teen. But only for a few days..

Which makes me wonder what a TdF rider would be like racing the TDR

I wondered about that. I reckon they could make easy work of the top times ridden so far, at least for a few days; if they could hack the discomfort, solitude and lack of sleep / sleeping in the dirt etc they’d be way out in front. Their steady-18hr pace would be beyond most riders high-effort pace.

But they’d be disappointed at the finish. Antelope Wells isn’t much like Paris : )

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Riding the Tour’ is closed to new replies.