Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Riding the Ridgeway (Chilterns)
  • singletracksurfer

Anyone doing this event? http://www.bhf.org.uk/get_involved/take_part_in_our_events/event_finder/view_event.aspx?ps=1000792

Going to do a 'training' ride this Saturday, 75 or 100km in the Chilterns if anyone fancies coming along!

MrAgreeable

Love to come but we're already booked – stupid family, insisting on celebrating birthdays. 🙂

singletracksurfer

blooming birthdays.

did nouveau mention Porlock (Exmoor) on 6-9 August, to you?
    Camping (on his birthday weekend) and doing a 100km ride there!!!

oldgit
    Free Member

on or off road?

singletracksurfer

*checks where I am* Off route of course!

It is raining now but I am hoping the dry dry ground is soaking it all up.
    (it just means all the dust will be gone – honest)

oldgit
    Free Member

What's the rough plan of your day.
    What time are you starting and where from. I only know a 36 mile loop near Christmas Common.

singletracksurfer

i'm in Reading but cycle out to meet at Whitchurch (Pangbourne) for 9am.
    steady day of riding, taking it as it comes. will cut it shorter if ground is hard work.

br
    Free Member

Looks good, with the hardest bit last…

MrAgreeable

did nouveau mention Porlock (Exmoor) on 6-9 August, to you?

Not yet! Pre-ride of the September marathon is it?

ononeorange

Hoping to be out around West Chilterns (Watlington area) again this weekend with Mrs Ononeorange – will say hello if we see you. Enjoy, it's a wonderful area.

oldgit
    Free Member

I won't make any promises just yet, but I quite fancy that. And the weathers meant to be good on Saturday because I'm at a BBQ in the afternoon.
    So far I've only been down as far as Stoke Row.

pedalhead
    Free Member

hmm could be tempted, need to see which day I'm getting a freedom pass for this weekend. Was out on the Chilts from Watlington last weekend, conditions were ace. Will take quite a bit of rain to turn them unpleasant I think.

singletracksurfer

Mr A. Yup, got couple of changes that need to be checked, honest, 😉

OK. will keep a look out for riders here http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=463335&y=177550&z=120&sv=463335,177550&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=691&ax=463335&ay=177550&lm=0 'til shortly past 9am if anyone fancies it.

First did the whole Ridgeway yeeaaars ago on a Zasker. Rally looking forward to it and modern technology this year. First half is kinda like the SDW (gets the miles and climbing in) but the last half is great fun.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Riding the Ridgeway (Chilterns)’ is closed to new replies.