Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • riding stairs?!
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

im being shaken by a set of stairs!!!

i ride 99% of stairs and normally not that bothered but these ones outside my work building are grinding me down as i HATE to carry the bike down them everyday.

they are the steepest i have come accross to ride down and worried that at this angle they might be too far to ride down.

is there such a thing?? are most stairs rideable? or are all??

pics if wished but views please…………….

rOcKeTdOg

steeper and closer together (smaller step) the better i've found, the more you think about it the more the fear will get you

jedi

pretty much yeah

ton

calderdale slimy green yorkshire slab type steps scare me shitless.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

these killers are like 15 meters long and steep buggers!! i dont fancy eating concrete!

might have to just try it one day when i got the nads!

ton

they bad boys have metal edges. they have had me several times over the years….. 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

The only problems I find with stairs are when they're so steep/slippery that you can't stop on them if you need to (i.e. if peds come round the corner/up them!).

phiiiiil

My nemesis takes the form of a flight of steps on Cannock Chase. They have smooth, slippy wooden slats on the edges and a twist half way down; I keep telling myself I'm going to man up and ride them but I always wuss out at the top…

birly-shirly
    Free Member

Hmm – if you're comfortable riding 99% of stairs you come across and these ones are spooking you out, then personally I'd take that as a strong hint and walk down or ride around.

I'll eat 99% of what's on offer on any given restaurant menu – but I have no qualms about accepting that at least 1 meal in 100 really isn't for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘riding stairs?!’ is closed to new replies.