Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Riding Snowdon 09 October
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

If I'm correct, we can ride up / down Snowdon with no time restrictions from 01 October.

This being the case, where is the route's normal start point for bikes?
    Are there a couple of options as it's not going to take too long to ride up and then down again?
    Can it be ridden from two different approaches to make it more of an all-day ride?

This is for Friday 09 October if anyone's interested in joining us.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The day after my birthday… tempted!

mccett
    Free Member

From Llanberis, up to the top, down and cut to Ranger Path, once you get down to the plateau and before the paved switchbacks, turn right back down to Llanberis. Its all on the map.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

When I rode it last year we found the "you can ride 80% of the ups" a bit optermistic…….. Probably managed about 40%. So its a good push to the top. Down the Rangers until close to the end, then turn right for another small push and then hammer it back to Llanberis. Great fun

crotchrocket
    Free Member

or if you are a bit "less technical" go up & down the Llanberis path a few times.
    Some people have commented before that the Ranger Path is a difficult descent 😉

matt-lewis
    Free Member

I'm thinking of doing this too. 1st October is it.

Good stuff

Ben_Haworth

Just to confirm that Snowdon is fair game come October. I'm off up there mid-Oct 🙂

Ti29er
    Free Member

Which point / where do you enter up from the L pass?
    I really only know the car park at the top near the YHA which would seem not to be any use unless you're walking – MCCET you mention a map, but omit to telling me which map and is there one online?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

We did it on saturday.

Here is a video with part of the rangers path on:

And a pic from near the top.

That second push up from the bottom of the rangers path makes you want to cry though.

Ti29er
    Free Member

On the video, which is the decent? Down towards the Ranger's Station I assume?
    Also, is this a Black graded single track and where is it?
    What time of the day was it shot as the view from on top was fab'?

phiiiiil

Oooo that's not fair… I did Snowdon on Monday morning and was inside a cold windy cloud most of the time; I had intended to come down the Rangers path but wimped out because of the conditions. Bah!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Everything from the end of the view at the top to the beginning of the black trail (Llandegla) is the rangers path. There is loads more that didn't get filmed. It's quite scary.

We were up top from 7.30 until around 8.30. View was amazing.

Just realised, my picture got lost.

mccett
    Free Member

Ti29er – i meant OS map sorry!
    Rangers Path is the one you want to be going DOWN whichever way you go up. Wouldnt recommend up it as its a hike a bike once it gets steep.
    Last did it on Xmas day 2007, 2 other people up there, sunny until about 15 mins from the top and then zero visibility so turned back – be there again in Oct. 🙂

MadBillMcMad

scott,

what video camera are you using – the quality is fantastic.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

MadBill – sorry, its not my video camera. I'll ask the fella. All his videos are great quality – its a nice unit.

mk1fan
    Free Member

We're up there for the weekend next week. Hoping for a good weekend.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Riding Snowdon 09 October’ is closed to new replies.