Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Riding Round Ballinastoe
  • vonplatz
    Free Member

I’m visiting Ireland this summer and was wondering if anyone had any experience of the riding around Ballinastoe, Co Wicklow.

I have found several trails on Trailforks and was wondering if what is there is representative of the best the areas has to offer.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/ballinastoe/

If anyone is familiar with the hill and could offer some insight it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

sssimon
    Free Member

Awesome area, Djouce is great but was better for me with a local to follow. Loads in 20 or 30 mile from there too

davegreene
    Free Member

Would also recommend Djouce awell, but ideally youd want to get someone to show the way. The “official” trails in Ballinastoe are well signposted, but also extremely sanitised. There are plenty of unofficial trails aswell, but will be harder to find.

Get in touch with all the local shops&clubs to see if they’re organising any spins in the area when you’re visiting.

lyrikal
    Free Member

Depending on the kind of riding you like it’s worth visiting the ews trails in Carrick mountain. Fairly easy to navigate them if you study strava beforehand.

Djouce is great but not signposted, I’m sure locals would show you round though.

Ballinastoe is ok, some nice fast stuff but it isn’t technical if that’s what you are after.

GregMay
    Free Member

As with others, Djouce Woods.

Find Benchcut – enjoy it. Then find Toro 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Riding Round Ballinastoe’ is closed to new replies.